What to take for energy before a workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• EilatanGrace
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Sometimes I try to eat, but when I do even after waiting a hour and a half I'll feel like throwing up or I get dizzy. I do need to work on my sleep though. I think I have insomnia. I always sleep at 3 or 4 in the morning and wake up around 11. I usually go to the gym between 10 pm and 2 am. For some reason I really like that "bouncing off the wall energy"
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    caffeine.

This is main ingredient in most pre-workout supplements anyway, just with some beta alanine and citruline mallate added. All of which you can buy a lot cheaper individually.

Jack3d is terrible and is getting banned soon.
  • Matt3400
    Matt3400 Posts: 9
    Options
    For weight training, usually some BCAA's or Cellucor C4, I have also tried Muscle Pharm Assault.

If it's a cardio only workout, nothing.
  • BigST79
    BigST79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should NOT make a habit of taking ibuprofen before working out. It can cause stomach complications. Stick to food. Like some said, a banana or whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a glass of OJ a half hour to 45 mins before your workout. If you feel like you NEED to take a supplement, try a multivitamin, vitamin b12, or whey protein helps . During my workout, to keep my energy going, I sip on some OJ mixed with mostly water.

-Steve, RN