For a Brief and Shining Moment...Camelot

Options
I am 62, overweight and have the secret desire to run at least once like I was 18. A fast sprint just for the joy of it....Ahhh. I live at 5280 feet above sea level (Denver, Colorado) and an 5'8, 207lbs. Moobs and all! I am working with a client in Milwaukee and have left my comfort zone exercise bike routine back up there. Bad situation with a client, poor eating choices available on the road had me worried.
I drug myself out for a riverfront walk (hard to get motivated) and decided to try and jog some....I felt good and sprinted for about a 100 yards....like I was 18!!! I actually jogged over a mile with sprints in the middle! I felt the wind flow over my non-existant hair and it was wonderful!!! Oxygen carrying capacity at this altitude makes me an actual sprinter....for an old guy!!!

Next, I hum the tune from Rocky!!!! (not ready to sing it yet...mercifully for you all and those around me!)!

Camelot is where I live, no matter where I am at....

Replies

• _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    LOVE! Thank you for the smile....and the reminder to always stay in Camelot...or the North Pole! The land of Misfits is a blast too! :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    What a happy story...good for you!:drinker:
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    That is the BEST thing I've read in a loooooong time. THANK YOU for that. :love: :love:
    And CONGRATULATIONS. Aren't those small lovely moments in life the BEST thing ever?!?!?
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That was beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You rock. Totally rock. I applaud you, sir, and the fact that you made me break into a huge, genuine smile right here at work. Good for you!!!! KUDOS!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! !!!
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I dont now if anyone ever said this but you also bear a striking resemblence to Father Christmas :)
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good story
  • loulou2006
    loulou2006 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful feeling that must have been, congrats on your victory!!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I just began singing this song from the musical out loud at work. I was in it in College. Lots of good memories......
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling!!!! I am so glad you got to be a kid again! Thanks for sharing that wonderful story! I think I might go out this evening and sprint like I am 18. My road has fairly steep hill and if I time it just right, I can run pretty fast down the hill. I've done it a couple of times and in my mind's eye, I am an Olympic marathoner finishing strong. :)
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Well done, Lancelot, well done.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    Love it! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    That is such a cool story!

And a warning to me should I ever drag my sea-level butt up to the mountains to run :)

I, however, cannot get the Monty Python "knights of the round table" song out of my head now.
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That gets a woohooo from me.
    :drinker:
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just want to give you a big, firm hug! You, good sir, have made my day!
  • SarahD59
    SarahD59 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful post! Thanks for the smile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!