Random MFP question regarding quoted nutrients

Options
Sailorwind
Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
This may be an utterly ridiculous question, but I haven't been able to find an answer. On my food diary, next to my calories it gives me a daily total I for fiber and carbs and fat and sodium and then on the weekly summary gives me a bunch of others as well. What I haven't figured out is if those are suggested minimums or if they are maximums. For example, I go over on my fiber every single day and don't know if that's bad. Conversely, I'm under on everything else most of the time, sometimes severely, and I don't know if that's good or if that means I should be eating MORE salt and carbs.

Replies

• Sailorwind
    Options
    Bump. I'm really hoping someone can answer this.
  • Sailorwind
    Options
    Again, bump. Does anyone know the answer to this?
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    They aren't really minimums or maximums the way I see it, but goals. Although it's probably not a bad idea to try and overshoot on the fiber, many people don't get enough. Additionally, it's completely fine (desirable actually) to consume less than the "recommended" sodium intake. The typical American diet supplies plenty of sodium. Unless you have a medical condition that is making you hyponatremic, always aim for less salt.
  • Sailorwind
    Options
    So some I should go over and some I should go under? What about protein and carbs?