DONT SEEM TO LOOSE WEIGHT

wewe12
wewe12 Posts: 79
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
HEY THERE MY CALORIE INTAKE ARE BETWEEN 1200 AND 1400
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NOT LOOSING WEIGHT YET WHAT I AM EATING WRONG OR I AM NOT EATING THE RIGHT THING

ANYWASE GIVES ME SOME TIPS IF YOU HAVE SOME

THANKS

ISABELLE

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    give it time. Patience is key
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Since you're only trying to lose 14 lbs, it will take a while. I am trying to lose 60, and it took me three months before the weight started melting off. I lost 5 inches around my waist though.
  • I'm having the same problem. I'm getting the right amounts of everything according to my food diary, eating 1200-1400 calories a day, and not losing an ounce since an initial 6 lb loss 4 weeks ago. In the last 3 weeks, NOTHING. Before, I was consuming 2400-3000 calories /day and MAINTAINING.....so how am I still maintaining at half the calories?? how long have you been doing this?
  • Hi I went thru the same problem and ended up going to the doctor. I found out 1200-1400 calories was not enough for my body with the type of workout I did. Instead of burning the extra calories my body was storing them. Basically my body thought it was starving. If you give it a little time and you don't see any change it might not be a bad idea to ask your doctor.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    try upping your cal intake--maybe 1400-1600 and see what happens. Be sure and eat all your exercise calories and eat your fruits and vegies-whole grains.

A little variety never hurts.:smile:
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Hi Isabelle,

You have to eat your exercise calories. I was doing the same thing at first. If you eat 1200 & burn up 300 with exercise you really only eat 900 calorie. Your body says I'm starving your metabolism slows down & you don't lose weigh. Give it time & you will lose slowly either 1/2 or 1 lb a week.

Hope this helps:smile:
  • kgehling
    kgehling Posts: 20 Member
    I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY I AM NOT LOOSING WEIGHT YET WHAT I AM EATING WRONG OR I AM NOT EATING THE RIGHT THING

THANKS

ISABELLE

You're not eating enough....see the post relating to "starvation mode."

You're body can be very clever sometimes.....annoying but clever.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member

THANKS

ISABELLE

The 14lbs that you want to lose your going to have to fight them off
  • KariM
    KariM Posts: 53
    I had the same probelm when I started. I started at 1200 cals, but lost nothing for 2 weeks. I upped my intake to 1300- 1600 cals and dropped 4 lbs the next week and I have lost another 6 lbs over the past 3 weeks. And like others have said, I have heard 1200 is too low for many people.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Measure inches, too.

I just lost 2 pounds after not really budging for months... besides getting slimmer and seeing more muscle tone. POunds aren't super important with so little to go. The mirror is a better judge.

Don't just go by the scale, switch up your exercise, eat more, drink enough, etc.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Same here, weird as it sounds. Eating more to lose weight...ROFLMAO!! But it worked! :laugh: . I'm averaging a pound a week now.

Check out the posts >>>>>> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again. It's all explained :flowerforyou:

Good luck and hang in there!!!
  • wewe12
    wewe12 Posts: 79
    THANKSK FOR ALL THE TIPS GUYS
    THIS SITE IS REALLY FRIENDLY
This discussion has been closed.