Best First Date Advice/Tips

Options
AmandaLou4319
AmandaLou4319 Posts: 73 Member
If you had to give someone first date advice or tips, what would you say??

Replies

• weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Be honest. Lying will bite you in the *kitten* later.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You know how you're going to be all polite and on your best behavior and only try to show your good side?
    Well, your date is going to be doing the same thing.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Smile and be you... not who you think the other person would want you to be. Have fun!!
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Keep the date short and don't let it linger too long. Coffee, or a drink after work is a great first date. That way you don't end up losing a precious Friday/Saturday evening to someone you are not at all interested in.

(I say this after having a TERRIBLE date that wouldn't end, for like 6 hours, and then meeting my husband over a coffee date the week after. Additional perk - since I told my now-husband that I had plans afterward, he assumed I was dating someone else and really stepped up his game ;)
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Don't move too fast. You can never recover from trying to get to second base before she is ready BUT, you CAN recover from NOT moving quickly enough and keep her wanting more.

Be a gentleman at all times.
    Don't trash any of your exes. Even if they deserve it.
    BE NICE TO THE WAIT STAFF!!!! Overtipping is a huge bonus.
    Those are the biggies that I can think of.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i dunno best thing i can say is pace yourself take the full hour they dont give refunds even if it was only 2 minutes .......... crying and saying this never happens dont work either pffffftt
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    i dunno best thing i can say is pace yourself take the full hour they dont give refunds even if it was only 2 minutes .......... crying and saying this never happens dont work either pffffftt

Bwaaahaahaa!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Don't forget to shave :wink:
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Try not to be too nervous, have gum or mints.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Don't take any advice from me.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Be yourself, but be confident even if you're nervous. Make sure you have a list of things you can talk about in case there is a lull in conversation.

Show your personality off!