Bad mom..

Options
Man, I feel like I'm such a bad mom today. I feel like I've been yelling at my little girls all day...I want to cry and eat!!!

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Man, I feel like I'm such a bad mom today. I feel like I've been yelling at my little girls all day...I want to cry and eat!!!
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are having a bad day! We all have them. I always like to take a little break and regroup! Nice bath turn on my ipod or go to the gym! Ask my son he tells me hey mom take a time out! LOL So take a deep breath and smile!

Have a batter day!:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I feel that way sometimes too.
    I just close my eyes, take deep breaths & count until I've calmed down.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I've been there too. Especially since my two year turned into a terror over night. I've also been meaner to my husband as well. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I know it will pass. It will for you too and you'll be back to your normal self!:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm alone a lot because of my hubby's job and my family lives 5 hours away. Some days my girls (4 and 2) know how to push my buttons and sometimes I just don't have any patience.
    Good news is I haven't eating any crap and I'm trying to stay strong. :ohwell:
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    I know what you mean. I started back to work this week and had to leave my little one at the sitters for the first time ever. He chased me to the door- I cried all the way to work. I thought for sure that this weekend we would have a good time, but he's been really hard to deal with. I feel horrible too, but I know that in time it will all pass. Same goes for you. Maybe just take a break and do something for yourself. Then once your done go tell your girls how much you love them. Good luck and try to remember to smile.:wink:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    My family lives five hours away and my husband works on the road about 200 days a year too. My kids are older though and we so enjoy the time alone. I used to do daycare at home and then worked as a teacher with preschoolers for 7 years. Give your kids a great big hug, it's hard to yell at them when they are so close to you. Maybe they are just wanting to get your attention. Ok, issues of my own here, sorry, I need to go. Teenagers are not so different than 2 year olds...:noway:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Oh man, can I relate to this one today. My 8 year old is at the other end of the table in complete and total melt down. :explode: She has already told us all she hates us and hopes she will die.. :cry: :cry:

It is incredibly difficult to deal with this type of emotion. :brokenheart: She's been in full blown for about an hour now. I need to go to bed really bad...

Fortunately, (I guess), it makes me more sick to my stomach than anything, so I don't eat to overcome. It does however raise my stress levels and that can't be good.

We are now hoping she will wear herself out and just fall asleep.. Wish me luck.. Janie
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Is there something in the water or the air?

Both of mine (5 and 21 mos.) had complete meltdowns before bed tonight. Gah. This stuff is the stuff you never knew about before you had kids.....how could such a little being make you feel like total dirt........Chin up. Being home alone with two is not easy. Give yourself a break. Get them in bed and go take a bath or read a book and decide to do better tomorrow. When you start feeling like you want to yell at them tomorrow, remember how you felt tonight. I don't know a mom who hasn't felt like this. I sure did tonight.:flowerforyou: