Just need some encouragement.

Options
HI all. I'm Sierra. I started losing weight in 2008, lost 80 pounds in four months just by running a mile every morning and counting calories. Then slowly my body started gaining and gaining. No clue why, but I gained 40 of the lost 80.
Over the next two years we moved across the world, had a baby, and now I'm at it again. I want to lose 54 pounds to get to my original goal that started four years ago!

Now that you have the back story, let's fast forward to now. I started Insanity in June, am just finishing up month 1 this week, and start month two on Monday. I have lost 5.8 pounds and lost overall 15.75" all over.

YAY! right?! I should be ecstatic ! but, I'm not. I know the weight could be higher, but I'm gaining muscle. And the inches is awesome! However I don't see it. My clothes don't show it. And I'm just getting discouraged.

I'm sure I sound totally ungrateful. And I'm not giving up or even considering it. It's just nice to hear encouragement every once in awhile. The first time I lost weight, my clothes were the first thing I noticed in the first month. It was amazing. but now, I'm totally not seeing it. I FEEL a lot better! however, I don't see it. =[

So, if you're passing through and have a chance, and just want to pass along some encouraging words, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Good luck to you on your journeys and God bless!

Replies

• NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic and should be proud! I'm at a loss as to what to say other than, keep truckin' and it will come! When it comes to weight loss it can be difficult to have patience, but you just gotta. 15.75" is astounding! I know that when you don't see it in the mirror or in your clothes, it can feel defeating, but if you keep doing what you're doing, IT WILL COME. It's great that you're not even considering giving up, and that means you have what it takes! You will start to see it in no time :)
  • snk1606
    snk1606 Posts: 11
    Options
    thanks so much! yea. i mean, i want change. so i can't give up until i've done all i can. and at this point, i still haven't. and i'm so proud of the inches lost, that's why i felt ungrateful. but thank you for understanding! it's very upsetting to not SEE the results! haha