Alli - weight loss pill...

Options
2»

Replies

• holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can't believe what everyone is saying!!! Alli works wonders- but you have to be commited to using it, or YES, anal sppage.....full days in the bathroom...ext. All of that being said, it seriously helped me to reform me gross over-eating over about three months, and helped me to drop about 15 lbs in that three months. It IS diet via fear in a way. You are supposed to take one with each of your three main meals, and damn it if any of those meals are over 17 grams of fat you WILL have at least a mild discomfort, at most sharp pains and looooong potty breaks. No, it isn't a magical fix, but the alli actually absorbs about 15% (it's been several years- I don't remember the exact #'s) and you poop that out (hense the nasty bathroom breaks if it is forced to absorb 15% of MORE THAN 17 grams of fat.

IF you want to commit to healthy, light eating for a while I really recommend this as a jumping off point. It forced me to come up with lighter alternatives, and a lot of my choices are still with me today. REALLY got my taste for fruits and veggies in high gear b/c they were 'freebies'. to each their own, but if you can commit- give it a shot! No stimulants of hokey stuff...... just a little help getting started in my opinion :happy: Good luck !!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    *bangs head on desk*

NO - do not use it!

Ohhh, don't do that!! Need an elmo bandaid > (sorry, all my 2 yr old likes) :laugh:

Believe me, I won't be taking them :)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I read a whole bunch of reviews on it and one word was mentioned repeatedly... DIARRHEA.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I can't believe what everyone is saying!!! Alli works wonders- but you have to be commited to using it, or YES, anal sppage.....full days in the bathroom...ext. All of that being said, it seriously helped me to reform me gross over-eating over about three months, and helped me to drop about 15 lbs in that three months. It IS diet via fear in a way. You are supposed to take one with each of your three main meals, and damn it if any of those meals are over 17 grams of fat you WILL have at least a mild discomfort, at most sharp pains and looooong potty breaks. No, it isn't a magical fix, but the alli actually absorbs about 15% (it's been several years- I don't remember the exact #'s) and you poop that out (hense the nasty bathroom breaks if it is forced to absorb 15% of MORE THAN 17 grams of fat.

IF you want to commit to healthy, light eating for a while I really recommend this as a jumping off point. It forced me to come up with lighter alternatives, and a lot of my choices are still with me today. REALLY got my taste for fruits and veggies in high gear b/c they were 'freebies'. to each their own, but if you can commit- give it a shot! No stimulants of hokey stuff...... just a little help getting started in my opinion :happy: Good luck !!

Nice to see a positive review on it! It's probably not best for me- plus I like to do things without aid (i'm a bit of a perfectionist at times) Glad it worked for you, though!
  • rocketqueen81
    Options
    I took it in the past, with no side effects unless I ate really really crappy high fat meals. If you are going to eat high fat meals like pizza and cheeseburgers and stuff, don't take it before that meal and you should be fine. It did give an extra boost to my weightloss. If you want the extra help and you eat healthy, I think it's fine.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It' won't increase your weight loss, so why do it? Also, low fat diets are NOT as effective as high protein diets in terms of weight loss. So just eat a high protein, moderate carb and fat diet and you should be good. If you want to improve weight loss, limit processed foods and meats.

This is pretty much what i've been doing. I'm on the atkins diet (starting over today because i've strayed the past few weeks) so I eat TONS of protein, plenty of fat in bacon (my guilty pleasure) and LOW carbs. I actually haven't done ANY diet pills since Hydroxycut first came out years ago...they never did anything for me except make me feel like I was going to pass out when I went to the gym- so I've been pretty terrified of any weight loss supplement since then.

I wouldn't even do Atkins as it's another low calorie diet that doesn't' help long term success. If you want something similar do the Paleo diet where it's all the fruit, veggies, lean meat, poultry and fish you can eat. Although, you have to eliminate the fake foods (bacon, sausage, and highly fatty meats like a t-bone.)
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I used it and it helped me lose majority of my weight. I did not have any of the nasty side effects because I did not go over my fat recommended fat intake. Personally, I needed the extra boost to get my weight loss going. To me it is a great product and if I ever get stuck again, I would buy it again.

People need to understand that his is not an "erase all your mistakes" pill. You can't eat an entire pizza pie, take the pill and magically drop lbs.