What are the 'real' stories behind the weightloss pictures

Options

Replies

• Adelasamy
    Adelasamy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I discovered I love cycling and every day I go for at least 10 miles. I walk a lot for work, and when I have my days off in the evening I go for at least 2 miles walk. I eat 1280 calories daily. I do not eat meat, dairy and eggs. I stay away from processed food. Instead I eat vegetables, fruits (love grapes and cherries) and seeds and nuts. Now I researching about raw food and I started to introduce some juice recipes for breakfast. I lost 12 pounds in one month since I change the way I eat and exercise.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    After reading this entire thread the one thing I got from it (well, two):

1. Never give up.

2. Start slowly. Almost everyone on this thread started by changing their eating habits then SLOWLY adding different things, like exercise, then eating even better, more exercise.

My advice is to not try to do it all at once. Eat right. When comfortable logging your food and are in the habit, start something else. Walking or something. Then GRADUALLY increase from there.

I am sooo inspired by everyone's stories here. GREAT JOB!
  • geo4314
    geo4314 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think definately there are alot of people on this site who have lost over 100 pounds have done it through diet and exercise and worked their butt off in the process,,,they were focused and determined. I know there are others who have lost it with surgery which in itself is challenging and they may have needed the extra boost.
    I would like to know which method they used but it is not our business and I can understand why they may not want to share that info,,,,my fitness pal is set to 1200 calories a day,,I work out 6 days a week for 1.5 hours a day,,I eat back my calories and am active and have only lost 7 pounds since January,,,yes I know the gaining muscle thing,, and I have less to lose than others,,,but stll find it frustrating to see people losing 70 to 100 pounds in a very short time frame and not mentioning any exercise. Just sayin...
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have never seriously tried to lose weight before, I've been overweight most of my adult life...my husband and I both decided to change the way we were eating and found the MFP app one day in January...since then, we have been 100% dedicated, and doing it together has been the biggest reason we are both sticking with it, he is already almost at his goal, almost 48 lbs lost, and I still have about 25 more to go, but slow and steady you know!!

We both stick to our calorie goals, eat back exercise calories, and exercise....he exercises ALOT! Me, average of 30 - 45 minutes a day, either on the elliptical or walking or running....that's it....no magic potions, no surguries....

Best of luck to you!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I've always been big. Well, "always" since about the 2nd grade. Life has been a bit of a roller coaster ride up and down the scale. I had already lost 33 pounds before I discovered MFP.

The only way I have been able to lose weight is by counting calories. MFP has been a God-send for that. Before I joined this site, calories were all I worried about. Now I try to meet my daily needs on the other things MFP tracks too. I like to go over on protein and fiber, I do my best to stay under on sodium and sugar. I take multivitamins and fish oil too. I have all but cut out fast food. If I do get fast food I look at the nutrition fact sheet before I ever leave the house so I am making an informed decision. I do the same thing with restaurants.

I have not been working out. I know I need to though. I have a good bit of loose skin now and, as I need to lose another 89 lbs, I'm sure there will be much more. I have tried and tried to figure out how to post pics but I simply cannot figure it out or I'd show you the difference. I have pics posted on my page though if you'd like to see.

Oh, and my high weight was 367 lbs. I'm sitting at 269 right now.
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago and for me that was straight up scary. I had already watched my Grandma struggle with the disease, losing feeling in her feet, a toe, her kidney's going bad. I definitely didn't want that for myself. I still struggle every single day. Sometimes I slip up and eat a serving of chocolate chip cookies or something silly like that, but I don't beat myself up about it. I log my calories, test my sugar, and move on.

I think some of the biggest things I changed, besides the calorie and carb counting, is not being a closet eater. I eat what I eat in the open. If I'm ashamed of what I'm eating then I probably shouldn't have it. I try to make good choices when I get take out. I research where I'm going ahead of time, figure out what I'm ordering based on calories, fat, carbs, and then go and order the food. I try very, very hard to not eat at places that don't publish their nutritional information. I also was pretty clueless about my activity level, and worried constantly that my calories weren't set right, so I invested in a bodybugg and wear it constantly. My husband teases me about it, I have a tan line from it, and I don't care. It tells me if I'm being active enough or not, and that, for me, leads to a little peace of mind. (Not saying you have to or need to purchase one of these, just explaining my experience)

My highest weight was 282 lbs / size 26 pants, after my second daughter was born so I know about being obese, about believing that you can never lose the weight, and how I would scoff at people that said diet and exercise. But it really does work, it just takes time, sometimes a lot of it. A year from now you won't believe how great you look, you'll look at the scale and have to weigh yourself again because you won't believe those are your numbers on there.

Just wanted to add that I do some weight resistance exercise at home, but I'm sporadic at best and when I started exercising it was walking, slowly building up speed and time. Now I'm using the couch to 5k app. I probably won't ever have washboard abs. I have a lot of skin, and I mean a lot. Once I get to goal, I'm going to wait about a year, see what the skin does and then probably go in for a consult with a plastic surgeon for at least my stomach. The skin there will be covered by health insurance. As for the skin on my arms, chest and thighs, sigh, it's a badge of how far I've come. If the loose skin is part of the package so be it.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Ask and thou shall receive :bigsmile:

My post way back in March is here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/539716-face-off-size-20-to-size-14?page=1#posts-7580843

and here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538693-from-20-to-14

Total weight loss to date is about 20kg or 44 pounds. Started 10 months ago. My loss (happy loss :laugh: ) might not be as fast or big numbers as some. But good enough for me. Because I still eat what I use to eat at less frequency and smaller portion. I enjoy food. :drinker:

Its hard work...sweat and blood (that's when I fell or thanks to blisters). Anyway my story - woke up one day and decided enough is enough. Actually I was out of excuses to be unfit and fat. I wanted back 8 years ago body. :wink:

So set weight loss goals as recommended by MFP. I did not do anything too radical that I can't follow in long term. As everyone said (sorry cliche) it a lifestyle. I wanted something sustainable. So at 1200 cals a day when I started last October I planned to eat unhealthy stuff that I love in smaller portion and slowly I reduced the frequency. Now I can go without eating them for days and weeks without feeling deprived. My intake is much healthier now. Replaced with more fruits and vegetable.

I don't set any cheat days. The days I am going to eat big I work out more. I don't beat myself to death for breaching my calorie intake. Yup there had been one too many bad days. However the bad days are handled much better. The baddies use to stay longer but over the time I learn how to kick off baddies out faster. Now baddie means that particular meal...not the whole day or days or weeks.

Working out is a MUST MUST MUST. I started with walking like for 15 minutes before I was out of breath. When I attempted to run it was less than 10 steps. Thats it. But still continued it everyday pushing the limit every other week. For instance I tell myself ...just to that next lamp post or till this song ends or for another 30 seconds. I record most of walks....especially when I had new distance or new time to make sure I know what should be my new target. Anyway now I can run (slowly) for an hour non stop. There are days I am so drained I can't pretty much get into my workout gear. But I get into it..and just start walking. That pretty much does it to get it rolling. I plan my outstation business trips such away that it does not disrupt my workouts...making sure the hotels either has gym or swimming pool that opens around the time that you need. :happy:
    When walking is not possible I use DVDs - Zumba and 30DS. I may look like doing some strange ritualistic dance ....but does not matter just keep moving.

I did not use weight as the only measurement. Because it can get really frustrating when you plateau (like how I am now). So I measure my heart rate, use cloths to gauge and measure off some stats of my body.

Its plenty of hard work and serious commitment. But once you get hooked to the routine ...you will love it.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    376914_363407837062334_222954922_n.jpg

I started with taking walks around my office building on my lunch break, bringing my lunch & doing Weight Watchers. I switched to WW Points Plus and just wasn't satisfied with the plan or the cost. Came here. Started going to zumba classes once a week in addition to my lunch walks (which were getting longer and easier). I sucked at eating clean and worked harder at that with my food logging here. I wasn't very into my macros though and just left it set at whatever MFP said in the guided form (1 lb. loss per week). I stayed within my calories most of the time and didn't eat back my exercise calories. I added in doing some Turbo Jam at home I then added a Sunday walk or tennis or soccer game into my activities each week. I finally worked my way up to doing my first round of p90x in July-Oct 2011 & I did my first 5k in November with a final time of 46:13. Then, I started feeling sick. My hair was falling out, I wasn't losing weight, I was exhausted and bloated. I went and had metabolic testing done and the dr. said that nothing was wrong with me. I was depressed all through December, January and February. I tried Intermittent Fasting, I tried eating back my exercise calories, I tried less carbs, carb cycling, more carbs, high fiber. Finally, I just got my big girl panties on and started really working out again. Eating less processed food -- bringing my lunch to work again -- taking walks around the block and walking at the local high school track in the evenings. I also cut way back on my refined sugars and foods with processing chemicals and added sodium. I started going to a bootcamp class once a week and doing a 2 mile walk afterward in addition to the rest of my workout schedule. I started my second round of p90x this month and have been focusing on not snacking. I have a night binge eating disorder where I'll get up in the middle of the night and eat stuff without being conscious of it. I've worked hard at keeping my body well fueled so this doesnt happen (as often... there are still times). Im going to be doing this round of p90x, take an extra rest week at the end, then do another modified round (replacing plyox and kenpox with c25k training) in preparation for the same 5k that I'll be doing each year in November.

95 lbs.... looking forward to the 100 lb. mark!!! My UGW is 140 lbs. and at that point I will have lost 180 lbs. total. If it seems I left anything out in this jumbled rambling, please feel free to ask. I'm at work and trying to get this in between phone calls.

Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Weightloss1.jpg

My journey started around a year and a half ago but more seriously around a year ago. Everyone always asks "what are you doing!?" "How'd you do it?" The minute you try and tell them "I eat better and exercise" they shut down and don't want to hear anymore. Everyone wants the magic bullet or the super pill and not the truth. I'm a work in progress and am only about halfway to my goal and bust my hump mentally and physically to defeat this. I've been overweight my whole life and am a total food addict. I was the classic over eater and plate cleaner because I was raised to eat what you're given, when it's given.

When I started working out, I started using my Xbox. I used EA Sports Active 2 with the kinect and a heartrate monitor and was able to drop about 20lbs but then suffered a back injury at work. 2 herniated discs, a year and some change worth of physical therapy and a slew of physical restrictions limited my exercise but I continued to eat well. (Almost) no fast food, nothing fried, cooked more home meals, bought more organic food, less processed food, no soda, no tea, more water. Simple as that.

When I was medically cleared, I began using the "Biggest Loser" game for the xbox. I dropped another 30 lbs or so and have added Zumba, and some low impact cardio to the mix. There's nothing fast or easy about losing weight. I have friends who have had weight loss surgery and while that may have been their best option, I knew I had to at least TRY on my own first. Eventually, I will have to add more strength training to my regime and probably recalculate my nutritional goals, but for now I'm set to lose 2lbs a week and I lose an average of 3/4-1lb weekly. It's all a learning process for me but I'm in it for the long haul! :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'm not at goal yet, but almost 3/4 of the way there.

Ah, where do I start?

This is my first time posting my whole story on here. It's long, I must warn you.

Well, I was always a slim person. As a baby, I was slim. As a child, I was skinny. And as a teenager, despite my developing curves, I was still very slim and maintained it easily.

When I was 14 years old, due to problems at home and emerging inability to cope with my emotions, I ran away from home. I was gone for four months. In this time, I became very underweight. To the point that ribs, hibs and collarbones jutted out. I remember many weeks of not eating, in fact, one time that comes to mind is not having a proper meal in a week, and begging some guy I knew to give me £1. He eventually relinquished one to me, and I went and bought some chicken and chips. It was a relief. And I, always an animal lover, wouldn't even give one to the dog, who was also starving (wasn't around very nice people, I still think about that poor dog).

Once I came back home, my appetite was phenomenal. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. I couldn't get enough food. I was constantly hungry. I would go to people's houses just to eat, and I'd still feel empty and starved. I remember devouring packets of kit kats, yogurts, bananas and crisps, and still feel insatiably hungry.

I put weight back on quickly. But it was nice weight. Nothing drastic. I looked good. But, little did I know, my weight and food troubles were soon to start...

Over the summer of 2008 (I think that was then. I was about 15 or so), I really packed on the lbs. I used to eat whole cakes daily. A favourite of mine was chocolate trifle or chocolate gateaux. By the time I got back to school for my final year, I was noticeably bigger (though, I was still pretty slim). EVERYONE gave me flack for it. I was honestly fine with the way I looked, but after the constant comments, the jokes about food and the shock on people's faces when they saw me eating, I started to feel insecure about my weight.

Fast forward two years to sixth form. I was 16, going on 17, and clinical depression took over my life. My eating and binging got out of control, and I dropped out of college. I was disgusted with my appearence, but food was honestly my only friend. My only comfort.

The binging, the bad eating, the comfort eating carried on.

Fast forward, again, to September 2011. I met my ex, and in the same month, started work at Starbucks. Being in a comfortable, serious relationship, dealing with the emotional issues that being with him brought back up and working in a place inundated with sugar = massive weight gain. I got so fat, I had to unbutton my work trousers to avoid stomach aches. It cut into me so bad, I had marks on my skin. I looked massive. I had started to look obese. I am 5"5 and, as far as I know, my highest weight was 196lbs. I honestly hated my body, so much. I couldn't find anything to truly like about my appearence. I felt like a beast.

Then, one day, in March, I was on the app store on my iPhone. I found an app called calorie count, and downloaded it on a whim. I tried it out, liking the concept of being able to log food and scan them (I like scanning things :laugh:). But, to be completely honest, CC was BS. It was rubbish.

So, I downloaded MFP.

I already had a log in, as I joined this site in 2010 (was on a thing called Diet Chef. Lost 11lbs, gained 9 back very soon after). And I stated logging!

30.5lbs later, here I am!

How has this journey been for me?

Amazing. Difficult. Inspiring. Worrying. Confusing. Upsetting. Distressing. Frustrating. Exciting, and many more.

It's not all roses for me. I still have deep set issues with food. I am currently struggling with constant hunger pangs and little to no willpower. I have this constant worry that I'll regain the weight. And sometimes, I get so damned angry that I can't just eat what I want without calorie counting.

But, to see my body change and curves re-emerge, like a flower blooming in summer. To feel my confidence growing. To know I look good.

All worth it :)

Sorry this was so long!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've always been big. Well, "always" since about the 2nd grade. Life has been a bit of a roller coaster ride up and down the scale. I had already lost 33 pounds before I discovered MFP.

The only way I have been able to lose weight is by counting calories. MFP has been a God-send for that. Before I joined this site, calories were all I worried about. Now I try to meet my daily needs on the other things MFP tracks too. I like to go over on protein and fiber, I do my best to stay under on sodium and sugar. I take multivitamins and fish oil too. I have all but cut out fast food. If I do get fast food I look at the nutrition fact sheet before I ever leave the house so I am making an informed decision. I do the same thing with restaurants.

I have not been working out. I know I need to though. I have a good bit of loose skin now and, as I need to lose another 89 lbs, I'm sure there will be much more. I have tried and tried to figure out how to post pics but I simply cannot figure it out or I'd show you the difference. I have pics posted on my page though if you'd like to see.

Oh, and my high weight was 367 lbs. I'm sitting at 269 right now.

Thanks hun for your story I have got lots of tips.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Options

Ah, where do I start?

This is my first time posting my whole story on here. It's long, I must warn you.

Well, I was always a slim person. As a baby, I was slim. As a child, I was skinny. And as a teenager, despite my developing curves, I was still very slim and maintained it easily.

When I was 14 years old, due to problems at home and emerging inability to cope with my emotions, I ran away from home. I was gone for four months. In this time, I became very underweight. To the point that ribs, hibs and collarbones jutted out. I remember many weeks of not eating, in fact, one time that comes to mind is not having a proper meal in a week, and begging some guy I knew to give me £1. He eventually relinquished one to me, and I went and bought some chicken and chips. It was a relief. And I, always an animal lover, wouldn't even give one to the dog, who was also starving (wasn't around very nice people, I still think about that poor dog).

Once I came back home, my appetite was phenomenal. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. I couldn't get enough food. I was constantly hungry. I would go to people's houses just to eat, and I'd still feel empty and starved. I remember devouring packets of kit kats, yogurts, bananas and crisps, and still feel insatiably hungry.

I put weight back on quickly. But it was nice weight. Nothing drastic. I looked good. But, little did I know, my weight and food troubles were soon to start...

Over the summer of 2008 (I think that was then. I was about 15 or so), I really packed on the lbs. I used to eat whole cakes daily. A favourite of mine was chocolate trifle or chocolate gateaux. By the time I got back to school for my final year, I was noticeably bigger (though, I was still pretty slim). EVERYONE gave me flack for it. I was honestly fine with the way I looked, but after the constant comments, the jokes about food and the shock on people's faces when they saw me eating, I started to feel insecure about my weight.

Fast forward two years to sixth form. I was 16, going on 17, and clinical depression took over my life. My eating and binging got out of control, and I dropped out of college. I was disgusted with my appearence, but food was honestly my only friend. My only comfort.

Fast forward, again, to September 2011. I met my ex, and in the same month, started work at Starbucks. Being in a comfortable, serious relationship, dealing with the emotional issues that being with him brought back up and working in a place inundated with sugar = massive weight gain. I got so fat, I had to unbutton my work trousers to avoid stomach aches. It cut into me so bad, I had marks on my skin. I looked massive. I had started to look obese. I am 5"5 and, as far as I know, my highest weight was 196lbs. I honestly hated my body, so much. I couldn't find anything to truly like about my appearence. I felt like a beast.

Then, one day, in March, I was on the app store on my iPhone. I found an app called calorie count, and downloaded it on a whim. I tried it out, liking the concept of being able to log food and scan them (I like scanning things :laugh:). But, to be completely honest, CC was BS. It was rubbish.

So, I downloaded MFP.

I already had a log in, as I joined this site in 2010 (was on a thing called Diet Chef. Lost 11lbs, gained 9 back very soon after). And I stated logging!

Amazing. Difficult. Inspiring. Worrying. Confusing. Upsetting. Distressing. Frustrating. Exciting, and many more.

It's not all roses for me. I still have deep set issues with food. I am currently struggling with constant hunger pangs and little to no willpower. I have this constant worry that I'll regain the weight. And sometimes, I get so damned angry that I can't just eat what I want without calorie counting.

But, to see my body change and curves re-emerge, like a flower blooming in summer. To feel my confidence growing. To know I look good.

Sorry this was so long!

Wow hun your story really touched a few heart strings. You have definitely being on a life change through weightloss and everything else. We have similar lifestyles and this has given me hope that I can continue no matter what. thanks
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Options
    Weightloss1.jpg

My journey started around a year and a half ago but more seriously around a year ago. Everyone always asks "what are you doing!?" "How'd you do it?" The minute you try and tell them "I eat better and exercise" they shut down and don't want to hear anymore. Everyone wants the magic bullet or the super pill and not the truth. I'm a work in progress and am only about halfway to my goal and bust my hump mentally and physically to defeat this. I've been overweight my whole life and am a total food addict. I was the classic over eater and plate cleaner because I was raised to eat what you're given, when it's given.

When I started working out, I started using my Xbox. I used EA Sports Active 2 with the kinect and a heartrate monitor and was able to drop about 20lbs but then suffered a back injury at work. 2 herniated discs, a year and some change worth of physical therapy and a slew of physical restrictions limited my exercise but I continued to eat well. (Almost) no fast food, nothing fried, cooked more home meals, bought more organic food, less processed food, no soda, no tea, more water. Simple as that.

When I was medically cleared, I began using the "Biggest Loser" game for the xbox. I dropped another 30 lbs or so and have added Zumba, and some low impact cardio to the mix. There's nothing fast or easy about losing weight. I have friends who have had weight loss surgery and while that may have been their best option, I knew I had to at least TRY on my own first. Eventually, I will have to add more strength training to my regime and probably recalculate my nutritional goals, but for now I'm set to lose 2lbs a week and I lose an average of 3/4-1lb weekly. It's all a learning process for me but I'm in it for the long haul! :)

You were nearly the same start weight as I was and I appreciate your story and your progress pics. You have also made me realise that because of my anxiety attacks I don't need to go outside to exercise I can do something on the wii or some exercise dvds in my home. As long as I am moving, right?! Cheers for sharing your story hun
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I completely agree. It's hard to talk about your weight loss with other's because they instantly shut down. They don't want to hear that it's really all about calories in and calories out. They either want to eat everything they've already been eating and lose weight, or they want to believe that you have to starve yourself to lose the weight.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options

Ah, where do I start?

So, I downloaded MFP.

Sorry this was so long!
    First of all, I'm sorry you've had to go through so much at such a young age but I'm happy to hear you're on the right track! Congratulations! I also would like to give you a tip on the hunger thing. Have you ever tried having a lean protein snack like boiled eggs or just the white of a boiled egg? The egg white only (large egg) has 17 calories, you can eat plenty of them without going over on cals and it's very filling. I had to use them when I first started MFP to curb my hunger and it helped a lot. I only had to do it for a few weeks. Again, congrats and good luck with your new lifestyle!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have it all laid out on my profile....
  • determined136
    Options
    Honestly this is the hardest thing that I have ever done. I do Turbo Jam (kickboxing DVD) 5 days a week 20 - 50 minutes. I walk during my lunch at least 20 minutes everyday and then I run when I get home at least 2 miles 5 days week.

It is a lot but I feel like a warrior when I am done!!! Weight loss is a mental battle ... take one step at a time and celebrate your victories!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it's not rocket science :smile:

people make it by consistently eating right, exercising and sticking on the goals.

there really is no trick to weight loss besides commitment to getting it done
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am still a work in progress but I have gotten most of the way to my goal. I have lost 121 lbs. Check it out:

me-summer2009-1.jpg
    me-summer2009-2.jpg

Summer 2009. I weighed about 320-325 in these pictures and had already lost a good 15 or so lbs when they were taken.

seanatgym2-17-2012.jpg

February 2012

Here is the FULL story...

I've been overweight most of my life. I never cared enough to do anything about it because the way I looked was never a concern to me. In 2008 I bought the motorcycle you see me posing next to in my picture. My weight made riding problematic since I was a learner because it made the bike too top heavy to be able to master basic low speed maneuvers. That was my motivation.

It was ALL nutrition in the beginning. I did not do diddly squat for exercise at first. But I made massive changes to the way I ate. I did not count calories or macros. Here is what I did:

I drank only water.

I cooked all of my own meals. I didn't change WHAT I ate, but I stopped eating at fast food places and started preparing everything I could with low cal ingredients. Burgers were made with 93% lean beef, on whole grain buns, with low-fat cheese. Pastas were made with whole grain pasta, and I stuck to using sauces that were savory enough as-is (such as pesto) to not necessitate parmesan for flavoring. Burritos, same thing. I ate lots of chicken breast and egg whites and egg beaters. I also made certain to get more vegetables in my diet. The easiest way I found to do this was to add 1 cup of diced fresh spinach leaves to anything I cooked. The only stuff I gave up entirely was stuff that was too much of a pain to prepare at home in my own kitchen. I allowed myself one cheat meal every two weeks which was usually spent on going out to eat on payday.

I kept this up and got down to 275 lbs with no variation at all in what I was doing. At 275 I began incorporating regular exercise. I began by working out with a DVD that came free with a subscription to men's health magazine. It had four 15-20 minute workouts on it. The one I did the most was a dumbbell routine focusing on offset training. I alternated between working out with that and with the Shadow Boxer Knockout Body System for cardio, along with going over to my sister's house a few times a week to do her Leslie Sansone DVDs with her. I then got a membership at Planet Fitness and went 3x a week doing the circuit training workout they guide you through off in that corner followed by 20 minutes cardio on treadmills, usually intervals but sometimes I would do steady state instead.

After I'd lost 35 lbs doing that, I purchased a suspension trainer and working out with it at home using it and a jump rope has been my main source of exercise.

I also own a Tower 200 I purchased at the ~260 lb mark or so that I have been working out with intermittently over the years.

You are a real inspiration and proof that ANYONE can do it!
    You should be incredibly proud of your accomplishments :flowerforyou:
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    When I started logging my calories, I set mt weight loss goal to 2 lbs per week.
    From there I adapted my eating to match the suggested calories.
    In addition I increased my physical activity. I made sure that I did something that "burned" calories every day. Some days were lighter than others but I made sure to get moving every day.
    One of the exercises I added that helped me a lot was biking. I put more miles on my bicycle last summer than the previous 20 years combined! I was the Forrest Gump of cycling!
    I also cut out pretty much all junk food from my diet. Good-bye Coke & McDonald's!
    Almost as soon as I started (with in 2 weeks) the weight started coming off. Slowly at first, 0.5/week +/-. Then as I kept refining my eating and increasing my workouts. The weight loss took on a life of it's own! Over a couple of weeks last summer I dropped in excess of 5lbs per week.
    From my heaviest, let's say at Xmas 2010, @ 270 lbs +. I broke 200 lbs before Xmas 2011. Today I hover between 185 lbs and 190 lbs. I now am focusing on strength and physique rather than weight loss. I keep logging my food as it is now a habit and I also need the reminder about the consequences of eating poorly.
    My suggestion is to focus on your eating. Get this under control. And, at the same time find some activity that you enjoy that gets you moving. From there, the rest should follow naturally.
    Best of luck on your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!