Change in Calorie intake

Options
Does anybody know when or why it would change your calorie intake? It used to say I had 1750 calories, and then this morning, I see where it dropped down to 1450. I was trying to stay around 1500 anyway, so that is fine, was just wondering if it was the time period, as I have lost 12 pounds, but I have been at that weight for a couple of weeks now, so maybe that is why they dropped it down? Just curious - thanks!

Replies

• robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not aware of any reason it would change without any input from you, so that does sound odd. Go back to the "Goals" tab and double-check all your numbers there, and see if anything is different than you were expecting.

I did see it change on me once when I had gone into the Goals and I don't think I had even made any changes, I just reviewed them and hit SAVE again. But it had been quite a while since I'd done that, and I had lost 15 pounds in the meantime, so it recalculated based on that new weight number and gave me a new, slightly lower calorie target.

But 300 calories seems like a pretty big change.

Oh, and then there was the time I inadvertently set myself to be "Female". It's surprising how big an impact that has on one's calorie target... :)
  • staciee7
    staciee7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks - that is funny..maybe I should change mine to male..HAHA..just kidding
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Darn Men get all the fun!!! And more calories! lol