need to buy a blender

Options
TXHunny84
TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
Could you recommend a good blender to get? I've never shopped around for them before and I don't want to get a dud. I want to make smoothies, shakes and sauces etc...

Which blender do you recommend and which should I definitely not buy?

Thanks

Replies

• redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm diggin' my ninja.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Ninja 1100! LOVE it!!
  • adrushe
    adrushe Posts: 25
    Options
    I have a Kitchenaid blender, it's awesome. I've had it for over a year so far and no problems (knock on wood).

If you're looking for something small/light that will only make 1-2 servings at a time, you could look into a Magic bullet. I also have one of those and i love it for making a smoothie to go or a soup for 1 since it makes the meal right in the cup and you have less dishes to wash.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have a kitchen aide blender and love it.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Look at how easy it is to clean -- I've recently taken to making my morning shakes in my mini food-proceessor, just because it is SO much less of a hassle to take apart and clean!
  • TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love my NINJA!!!
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like my ninja.
  • kikimommy
    kikimommy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ninja! Ninja! Ninja! I burned out the Kitchenaid one in a month. Nina is running strong with 2 to 3 uses per day after 3 months. Love that thing.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    WOW! I may have to get a NINJA! haha Thank you for the feedback! Now I need to find a good sale on them!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    BlendTech or Vitamix!
  • Jaxter888
    Jaxter888 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    use your arm!!!... lose more kcals that way :tongue:
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It's easy to find parts for a oyster. They last forever. I have the one we bought 25 years ago.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have a kitchen aid blender as well. I love that it is all one piece. It is easy to clean, which is important to me because I use mine twice a day.

Edit: and mine is nearing 3 years old- no issues.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    BlendTech or Vitamix!

If you have the money to spend, a vitamix is the way to go.

We have a Magic Bullet and love it though. I only use it for small stuff and it's easy to store and easy to clean.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I saw Ninja's at Walmart the other day; but didn't pick one up. I think it was around $30. I have a little Oster one that I make my protein smoothies in. I purchased a newer bigger one; but haven't taken it out of the box. Buy what you feel will serve the purpose.
  • RenovatingSuzanne
    Options
    I have heard great reviews from friends that have the Vitamix but the cost is a little prohibitive for lots of people, me included. I currently have a classic, one speed, well two if you count pulse, a heavy glass jar and and it chews up frozen fruit without issue.
  • maeganbos
    maeganbos Posts: 4
    Options
    I have one of those Vitamix---yup, expensive, but wow does it blend! I've REALLY liked mine...

maegan
  • 247impact
    247impact Posts: 1
    Options
    Ninja is the best out there. You need to take a blender that you are looking at out of the box in the store before buying it, look at the bottom of the bowl/container or what ever it is that you want to call it, notice that most of the blenders out there have gears made of plastic. This will break right away if you are blending anything frozen. We freeze all of our fruits, yogurts, fat free puddings (oops) and then blend them. Its a great way to get instant carbs (not too many) into your system fast after a workout. There hasn't been a blender yet that has survived except for the Ninja.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix and, although its expensive, it saves me money in the long run due to its durability, warranty and versatility. I make my own almond butter, hazelnut butter, cashew butter, coconut butter, nut flours, smoothies, etc.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have an Oster beehive, it's cute.