my face is gross!!

Options

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'd try what some of the others said and wash your face pre-workout. Also, if you're using sunblock, it can mess with your skin too. If that's the case maybe you can try one for sensitive skin.
    I know that in my case, I shower a LOT more since I've started this lifestyle and that means I get more hair conditioner on my face.. it seriously makes me break out so I always wash my face after putting conditioner in my hair, especially around the hairline, behind my ears and jawline.
    I hope you find something that helps! Good luck.
  • blonderunner39
    blonderunner39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get runner's acne in the summer. I love Mario Badescu cleanser, astringent and spot treatment for summer time. It helps ALOT!!!
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This is why i have been breaking out! I didn't realize I was supposed to was my face before and after a workout! hm... You learn something new every day!
  • CarrieR3
    CarrieR3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wash my face with cold water and Noxema .
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i naturally have a very clear complexion, but ever since i started working out i have been getting break out's on my face. i always shower right when i'm done at the gym, but i was just wondering if anyone has found a face wash they love to help with the problem?:heart:

Me too!!! I get a new pimple or two like every day on my chin! Thank you Jesus for Bare Minerals foundation!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having this same problem and just saw my dermatologist yesterday-the stuff I normally use is too tough on my skin since I'm now washing it 3-47 more times than I had been before and since it's normally sensitive, it went into over drive lol She suggested I try using a new line from cetaphil. I just started it last night but even just washing my face before bed I felt a difference then this morning I washed my face then went running so I washed it again and it felt better. I’ll keep you updated on if I feel like it works. (It’s OTC but it’s still a bit more than I had wanted…$15 for the cleanser, $18 for the moisturizer.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I found a Clean & Clear face wash that I use 2x a day. It has really helped keep breakouts to minimum, usually only during PMS. Its called 3 in 1 Advantage. It does the 3 steps Proactive does in one step. Scrub your face with it, rinse it off and then moisturize it with lotion. I use Aveeno lotion and that seems to be a good combination.

This cleanser has 5% benzyl peroxide, so if you do decided to try this, use a little bit at first as to not irritate your skin. Especially if you have sensitive skin. Anyway, I pick this 3 in 1 up at Wal-Mart (its not at Target) or you can find it at any drugstore like CVS or Walgreens. It can range from $5.50 - 7.50 depending on where you go. I really like it and has tiny scrubbing beads in it to wash away dirt and dead skin. I never go without it!
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I've been using a homemade goats milk soap with witch-hazel in it. My face has cleared up really well and stays sot & moisturized.

LOve Love this idea...I am going to try this....
  • kay4489
    kay4489 Posts: 36
    Options
    it happened to me too. i'm guessing it's because our body is going through a change and not sure how to handle it, lol. but i started using "acne free". it's really good and only about $20 at cvs, walgreens, or walmart!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    To those who say to wash your face first, does that only apply if you've put lotion. makeup or other products on your face? If you don't have anything on your face anyways, would washing before still help?
  • abigailhutch
    abigailhutch Posts: 101
    Options
    I had the same problem too!!!! I found a great face wash that has been working for me! Its St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish Fighting Apricot Cleanser! I got it at Walmart for like $4 and have been using it for a few weeks! It works great!
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    head ban... prevent the sweat from dripping down ur face.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I use this product and I love it!

http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/skin-perfecting-two-percent-bha-lotion/

I'm 45 and still get breakouts occasionally, this really helps to keep the pores clear and does not add another layer to my face.

Good luck!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I use Biore blemish flighting cleanser, it works really well. (I used to use the face wipes, but they've stopped making them). Are you taking supplements? I discovered through trial and error that most of my acne was caused by supplements..
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Philosophy sells a great complexion kit. You can get the entire kit in travel size for about 35.00 and it will last you the entire month. It keeps my face clear. It is the only thing that works. I can't use proactiv because the ingredients in it makes my face red. So, if you have sensitive skin as well, the philosophy line is a great option. I know Sephora sells it.

THIS!!! PHILOSOPHY IS THE BEST!!! I get mine at Ulta. You can also order from Ulta.com. I use the purity (gel) face wash. I use the Help Me at night and the Hope in a Jar moisturizer. I use the cleansing wipes just before I exercise and wash my face afterwards. My skin has never looked better!!! I can honestly say I have never been happier with a facial product and I have tried many!
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i naturally have a very clear complexion, but ever since i started working out i have been getting break out's on my face. i always shower right when i'm done at the gym, but i was just wondering if anyone has found a face wash they love to help with the problem?:heart:

Two things that might help:
    1. I wear an arm band to wipe off sweat so I am not rubbing more dirt and oil in my face
    2. Murad's acne skin care line. You can try a month's supply for est $22 bucks and you can order it at Sephora.com

I feel you, I went through the same thing but those two small thing worked for me.

I was going to suggest number 1. I have always had a clear complexioin for my entire life. But, as I've gotten older, I sweat more. So, I started to break out on my forehead. I tried washing my hat frequently, nothing. I tried not wearing a hat, got worse. Then, it dawned on me..... The more I wipe sweat off my face when I'm working out, the more I break out... Viola! I use my shirt sleeves to wipe off my sweat and I've stayed much clearer.
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Check out my blog it's all natural and chemical free options I offer. I actually use everything I post. Hope you find something that helps!! :flowerforyou:

Blaq:heart:
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Have you tried washing your face before you work out also?

agreed!

Also agree ! Worked for me.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I actually don't use any face washes. I wash my face in the shower only, sometimes only rinsing. Maybe you are reacting to the extra use of washes just as much as the exercise.

This is what I was thinking too. I wash my face with Cetaphil in the evening before bed and only rinse it with water in the morning. Once or twice a week I'll scrub my face with St. Ives.