T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 35!

Hello, Everyone!

Anyone is welcome to join in at any time. We began this thread back in January looking for new friends to share our journey with. Today we begin our 35th week!! If your looking for support buddies that are in this for the long haul... join us!! We love new faces! Introduce yourself and say hi to the thread.

We are here for anyone to post or suggest ideas or “throw down” challenges – whatever you want to do. Some of us are posting our weight losses, or measuring and posting our inches lost, or posting our exercise or food ideas, but we all share a desire to be available for each other to talk and exchange ideas.

I want to throw out the challenge of Logging your food EVERY DAY this week. Some of us have been very diligent about it and Some of us have gotten a little off track recently. If you're one that has been slackin...Its time to get back on track and see what we can accomplish!

Replies

• Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Hello,

Hope it is OK to join your team. I really liked the title and I want to make the promise to myself to really try hard every day.

A little about me.
    My name is Hanna and I am 26 years old. I want to lose 40lbs for now and get back into a healthy BMI range. My partner and I are trying for a baby which would make our little family (him, me, 2 kittens and 1 horse) complete and perfect. We have been trying since April without luck. I then was diagnosed with PCO. I am upset because I feel that if I hadnt let myself go (put on ca. 40lbs over the last 4 years) then I wouldnt have got PCO. I am also upset because I know that losing weight when you have PCO is even more difficult. :frown: But I dont want to give up, no matter how hard it is. My doctor told me that losing the weight will help treating my PCO and therefore help me becoming a mummy. I just want to be healthy again, for myself, and for the baby I will hopefully have in future.

I am currently set on 1250 cals / day. It is very tough. My boyfriend doesnt need to lose weight and therefore can eat what he wants (pizza, chips, chocolate,...). I often get weak and eat bad too, especially when I am upset or stressed. :ohwell:

Anyway, that's me. I look forward to chatting with you all and motivate each other. I think I will make "Trying hard each day" my profile slogan. It's brilliant :smile:

Good luck evryone. :flowerforyou:

Han x
  • etey7
    etey7 Posts: 44
    Hello and good day!:happy:
    i would like to join your group if it's ok because I really need motivation every single day. It's hard because everyday is a challenge..anyway, I'm Grazielle 21 y/o and have been struggling with weight issues ever since I was a kid. Back then, my siblings and cousins used to tease me and call me PIGLET/PIG/WILD BOAR/HIPPO because I'm the fat one and they're all skinny and it kind of stuck with me until I grew up and affected my self-confidence and self-esteem. Well, I've managed to began my lifestyle change and lose weight and I'm halfway through but i really need the added boost and I really wanted to make friends here :smile:

Thank you everyone. :happy: This is a really nice group and I'm excited to talk with you guys! :flowerforyou:

172488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Good morning!
    Man sticking to it really wokrs. I gained three lbs las week becasue I wasn't paying attention. This week I got on it and lost two lbs!!!! Thanks for the encouragement.

SW 198, GW 135, CW 171 = 2lbs loss

I have decided to join my locat YMCA and take yoga classes there and maybe swimming as well. I think the change in ruteen will help me push through the second half of my goal.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Happy Friday everyone!
    Welcome, Han & Grazielle.

Well, I'm waiting to slam into that notorious 1st plateau but thankfully it hasn't happened so far.

manda1111 SW 198, GW 135, CW 171 = 2lbs loss
    jlb123 SW 270, GW 150, CW 256.2 = 2.6lb loss
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    crazybee sw 273.3 gw 175, cw 241.3 =7 lb loss

Wow what a week. I don't know how I lost 7 lb but I will take it :bigsmile: I know I watched what I ate more, I logged a few days and I walked several days. Maybe I am off my plateau. I had 4 weeks with no loss. I have lost 9 of the 13 lbs for the Thanksgiving challenge.

Welcome Hanna and Grazielle these girl are a great group. Pour your heart out and they will help. We love new people. You will never feel judged here.

Good luck girls, I am proud of you all for all the hard work you've done. It will pay off!!!
  • Hey all. Welcome new members. I am off work today so I had to weigh in yesterday which I wasn't to happy about lol. TOM is on the way so I think that's why I had a slight gain... Not much but slight lol.

Pawprint061-sw 168, gw 130, cw 157 Slight gain like 5 oz?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    stillkristi: sw 480 / gw 195 / cw 369 = 4.5 lb. loss

Holiday challenge: (Lose 30 lbs by Chirstmas) total loss 12.5 lbs

Well team, good morning! WELCOME NEWBIES!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You'll love this group. Very supportive and informative.

So, I am really happy, having another good weigh in week. I wish I had more time, but I have to get in my exercise session before 10 today. And, I am going out of town this afternoon and will be back Monday morning early. I will try to check in along the way. We'll see. Love you guys and gals!

:bigsmile: Kristi
  • Welcome newbies. Look at these ladies rock it this week! I could chose to be discouraged or I can see it as it is for me. I seem to be doing a consistent -1 these days (sure beats the .5)
    I have been consistently loging food as well. And ya'll know how I am about that exercise: OBSESSED:) Krisit's words yesterday stuck with me. She doesn't compare her exercise to mine or pantsize to l4g. What great advice. We are individuals and this is an individual journey (with a lot of support). My goal is continue to focus on the fact that I am unique with unique health conditions and -1 lb is awesome for me!:tongue:

prayerfulmom: sw 277/gw 195/cw223= -1

Holiday Challenge
    Crazybee ahead of the game
    kristi-ahead of the game
    prayerfulmom right on target
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Hiya team!! Did ya miss me?? hehehe

Welcome to the new members!!

This past week was alright for me, I ate properly and drank my water, I just didn't get as much exercise in that I wanted... still not at 100% health wise... so it's been hard to get any walking done when I can't breath, but I am getting better and even managed to walk for an hour last night :smile: So I should be back at it full force next week :smile:

Lorann SW 285 / GW 155 / CW 228 = 1.5 loss

Way to go Crazybee!! Awesome loss!! Congrats to all the losers!! Well done!! :flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hey all..

Just getting the link to the new week.. I'll catch up later. At work and kinda busy.. As you all know I weigh tomorrow..

talk to ya all soon and congrats looks like we had some big numbers....

Anita
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    well Look who it is !!!! the long lost Sheila he he he, well I am doing pretty good I must say that I have lost 1 pound this week but it puts me at my 50 loss since March 1st... wooo hooo I am soo excited.. I got up this morning and got the kids ready for school and headed off to the gym.. where i did the eliptical for 1 hour and did some weights... I love it... it felt so darn good... the last month My ellbows and back have been hurting so bad from the fibromyalgia and lupus i have been stuck but I continued to eat right and pushed past my pain... now that my shots are working again I can go back to the gym
    :-) yippie... for the old team members that remember all the trouble I was having with my oldest sons girlfriend well boy how things have changed... they came over for a visit about a month and half ago and havent left lol.. they didnt really ask to move back in they have just been here but i am not gonna ask them to leave..:-) they have been really helping me around the house with dishes vacumeing laundry ect ect.. and with everyone else in school and work I have some company during the day...

well I started back loging my food in this morning and I am gonna try to do it everyday....

sheila SW 329 / GW 150 / CW 279 = 1 pound loss but my 50 pound goal since March now I can start on my next goal :-) congrats to all the losers this week and for all the one who have gained just brush it off and start fresh for next week... you can do it..

I will check back later have a great day :-)

Sheila:flowerforyou:
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Right I give this a try then too:

sheila SW 329 / GW 150 / CW 279 = 1 pound loss
    SimonsSchatz SW179 / GW 140 / CW 175 = -1 lbs

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • I'm excited.. my friend's new townhome has a 24/7 club house work out room with free tanning... we checked it out last night... tread mill, bike, and weight lifting thing... can't wait.. my friend and I are gonna start working out together.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Wow! You guys rocked it this week!! That is incredible! Congratulations!

Welcome to our 2 new members!! We are glad to have you! Just in case yer a bit confused... the numbers below represent our start weight/ goal weight and current weight.. then a the amount lost or gained in the last week. Feel free to add your stats each friday or not. Its up to you if you want to share this information with the group as some people like to rely on the tape measure more than the scale. Either way... welcome to our team & best of luck with your journey!

Losingit4Good SW 252/ GW 200/ CW 217.2= 5lb gain

OK....so I am just :angry: here. I was so good all week, fit in some exercise and still managed to gain 5lbs. No.. it is not close to that TOM either.. so Im not sure what it means but Im changing my ticker just to see what happens next week. It could be that my body is in restart mode since Ive been out of line lately and needs a couple more days to get used to eating and working out. My muscles could be saying "what the heck?" and reacting... Who knows! Either way.. Im pushing through it and STICKING to it to see what happens next week. I ate ZERO fast food all week, except a sandwhich from Quiznos last Sunday... so one thing I do know is that it is not fat. There is no way it can be since I have been eating good healthy stuff at home all week.

Got all the results from my bloodwork last week. Everything is normal and great, so at least I know there isnt something going on with my Thyroid or whathaveya. Thats good news. This next week I am pushing myself harder as I am gonna join back up with the Couch2-5K program starting on Monday. Today I have an errand to run for hubby before he comes home and am stopping at the gym to get on the elliptical for the first time in 3 months.. LOL.. Then its home to finish cleaning up the house for the spaghetti feed party for Shelby's cross country team. Once they leave, I get to pick up my man from the airport...:happy:

Have a happy & wonderful Friday everybody!!!
  • real quick before I leave:
    L4G quiznos= mucho sodium! that there i bet is the problem.
    and sheila, good to see ya back.

catch you all tuesday.
  • etey7
    etey7 Posts: 44
    Thank you so much everyone! :happy:

I admit i was confused with the numbers the first time I saw it :laugh: Thank you for the explanation Losingit4Good. :bigsmile: Well, here goes:

Losingit4Good SW 252/ GW 200/ CW 217.2= 5lb gain
    etey7 SW 145/ GW 10/ CW 122= 0.5 to 1 lb loss. not really sure because my scales a bit off :laugh:

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:

172488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    I went to my first yoga class at the local YMCA this morning and it was really great. I got to use and exercise ball which I have never done before. I liked it so much I just bought on on amazon to use here at home when I do my regular moring workouts. I'm going to try and got to the Y on Mondays and Wensdays in suppliment of me doing 30 min in hte morings three days a week. I'm just not putting enough into them and i don't have any more time to squeeze out be fore work. So we'll see how it goes. I think that I have topped out at whatI can do at home so if I want to keep moving forward this is an important step for me.

Hope you have a great week.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    I bet it is a honeymoon weekend at li4g' s house woo hoo!!

pawprint: wonderful that your friends new home has a place for working out and tanning. Nice that you have a friend to work out with. I feel sexyier with a tan :blushing: get a good tan for the winter. Did everything work out for your weekend trip?

etey is your goal weight really 10??? LOL YOu will blow away at 10lbs Welcome!!

Simons; welcome good luck on your journey.

LULU where are you I miss you. You're our room mother with the slipper we need you. Come catch u up on your life!!

Lori how is the contest going at work? How long is the contest?. How do you feel you are doing? Is the prize as good as the last one?

Not much going on here. Been having trouble with mirgraines this week had to come home early from work both Thursday and Friday. I feel like I eat and within 20 minutes I have a headache and soon it is a full blown migraine. I am almost afraid to eat.:sad:

Have a great weekend all!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team,

Well I am just getting up and its 1:30 in the afternoon I so cant believe I sleep that long.. so I am so far behind.. I want to take the kids and my grandson to the Apple Orchard this afternoon it will be my grandsons first time to the apple Orchard/ Pumpkin pathch... So this is an exciting day for me.. so not much else going on no gym this weekend just lost of walking at the apple orchard so that counts :-).... Well I will be checking in later... hope everyone has a great weekend :-) well sorry if I am not making any sence talking but my kids are all talking in the back ground and I sure cant focus lol and its taking me forever to just type this little bit he he he well talk to you later

Sheila
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    I bet it is a honeymoon weekend at li4g' s house woo hoo!!

hahahahaha!!!! You bet bee, gotta burn them calories somehow! :bigsmile: Im trying REAL hard not to catch hubbys head cold he got in New York. Poor guy sounds like crap but is feeling a little better today. No fever, so at least its not something more serious. He's basically home long enough for me to do his laundry today.. then leaves tomorrow for 2 weeks before he's home for 4 days and leaves again for a week. He'll be home more over the holidays, they are just booked solid right now.

Still trying to figure out if we are going to have our annual halloween party or not. Im on the fence with it this year for some reason. Not sure I wanna spend the money to have a bunch of people here, especially since Id be on my own to plan it without him and 1/2 of the people who come every year.. we dont hear from otherwise.. so whats the point? Ya know?

The spaghetti feed went great last night. I ended up cooking all the food cept the garlic bread. My daughter was too busy keeping everyone in line. There were SOOO many kids in my house and the weather was ok, so they ate inside and outside. When the food was ready and the kids came in to get it...I honestly didnt know that my kitchen could accomodate that many butts at one time....LOL but everything turned out great!

The girls did tyedye t-shirts for their district race that look so RAD!! Im gonna go get a kit at JoAnnes so me and Allie can make some as a fun project. If anyone wants to send me a white t-shirt and like $4 to ship it back, Id be happy to do one for you. I'll post pictures as soon as they are done, They are still all tied up and drying.

Anyway...my house was a disaster zone once all the kids left. They did good about cleaning up the food, but one of the boys thought it would be fun to spray silly string all over the girls and well... it is EVERYWHERE! I told them to clean it up and they did an OK job but Im still sweeping up little bits here and there so I told my daughter she got to clean up the rest of it before she goes anywhere today or tomorrow!

I have a confession...one of the boys brought the most awesome dessert so I ate WAY too many cream cheese filled brownies. :blushing: Couldnt help it, they are my favorite and were just sitting there STARING at me saying "Eat Me!!":noway: They are gone now tho.. so no more of those! :wink: I think my sweet tooth will be satisfied for a very long time also.. :happy: