Anyone going on vacation soon?

Options

Replies

• kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Leave on a cruise on Sunday ! I am determined to not gain weight while gone ! Which means ! I will be working out on the ship everyday before activities ! I will make very healthy and small portions for breakfast and lunch and have a decent dinner ;) hoping I can stick to itfor the week there ;)

Watch out for the drinks on board- that's what get's people for the most part! and the buffets. :devil: lol I found that going to the actual dining rooms made it easier for portion control... I'd so go back to a buffet for more food, but I wouldn't be able to ask a server to bring me another plate of food after I just finished one lol.
  • sharkyR1
    sharkyR1 Posts: 8
    Options
    2 weeks all inclusive in Mexico, last 2 weeks of September :)

This has been my main motivation to lose some of my belly flab over the last couple of months, and although i plan on staying healthy when i return, for these two weeks, all bets are off. I'm gonna eat and drink soooooo much lol
  • klindaberry
    klindaberry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Leaving for Myrtle Beach on Sunday. Hoping to just be able to maintain my current weight.
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    2 weeks all inclusive in Mexico, last 2 weeks of September :)

This has been my main motivation to lose some of my belly flab over the last couple of months, and although i plan on staying healthy when i return, for these two weeks, all bets are off. I'm gonna eat and drink soooooo much lol

Hey, that'll be me first week of October! Where in mexico?
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Yay Vegas next week...and a beach house for a week at Ocean Isle in 2 weeks!!! Yay!!!
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned about the opposite of this post. I'm on vacation as of Aug 2 for 10 days and I'm worried that while in a sunny climate, all inclusive atmosphere filled with drinks and food abound I will crumble and drive right in!

Any advice on how NOT to gain any weight while vacationing?? :)

Sorry to reverse the post intention, hehe!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'M GOING TO VEGAS ON SUNDAY!! 3 DAYS WOOOOOOO!!....it will be my 3rd time in a year LOL!!

i already planned my bellagio buffet night and my cheesecake factory.

i am mentally prepared to gain 5 lbs in the 4 days LOL!!
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    leaving early Sunday morning for South Caroline for a week. Going to watch my daughters travel softball team play in the World Series! YAY! Can't wait!
  • emmiller23
    emmiller23 Posts: 32
    Options
    I am going to Las Vegas for the first time at the end of August. So flippin' excited!!
  • Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Vegas for a week the middle of August
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    98 days until we leave for a 16 day cruise from Quebec to Tampa! Repositioning cruise hits Portland, New York, Boston, Baltimore, Norfolk, Charleston, Miami, Key West and then Tampa. 16 days of all you can eat food.... and we are already planning our lunches on the port days. It's going to get ugly. :drinker:

But we have also planned our sea day work outs and stair climbing so hopefully we can keep it together. (going with 4 other couples) I would like to lose 15 before we go.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I'm leaving Monday for a week. And then I come back and have to try and squeeze into my wedding dress. Rut roe!!
  • HavenIryxia
    HavenIryxia Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am going to Las Vegas next Wednesday for 5 days and I am bummed that I will most likely end up being set back on getting to my goal but I am going to try and enjoy myself. I am going to keep myself from overdoing it but when all you can do is eat out there is bound to be some weight gain. Good luck with your cruise and have fun!
  • luvinlife58
    luvinlife58 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Leave on a cruise on Sunday ! I am determined to not gain weight while gone ! Which means ! I will be working out on the ship everyday before activities ! I will make very healthy and small portions for breakfast and lunch and have a decent dinner ;) hoping I can stick to itfor the week there ;)

Watch out for the drinks on board- that's what get's people for the most part! and the buffets. :devil: lol I found that going to the actual dining rooms made it easier for portion control... I'd so go back to a buffet for more food, but I wouldn't be able to ask a server to bring me another plate of food after I just finished one lol.

Haha yeah buffets are killer, however I have pretty good control! It's the sodium that will kill me . I also don't drink so I shouldn't have a problem there :) . If i can work out every day I'll be happy :)
  • kmiskow
    kmiskow Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm going to the beach in 1.5 weeks for a week. It's our family vacation and we spend most of it on the boat/in the water.

I'm on a 2 week trying to eat only food from home except once a week (breakfast/lunch), getting in 4-5 workouts each week, and getting all of my water in.

I just want to FEEL healthy on vacation so I can be active during the trip. The more I swim and play, the less I have to worry about what I'm eating while there (which is mostly seafood, so not too bad, but BIL and I tend to drink a lot on vacation, too.)

Alcohol is my problem on vacation too!
  • SOCALGIRLY38
    SOCALGIRLY38 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Six more days and I head home to SO CAL. We live in GA now. I am worried about getting the level of activity that I get in here, there. We will be visiting family/friends all over and it will feel like a constant celebration. Not to mention the family likes to DRINK... I am planning on trying to eat very healthy for 2 meals and indulge a little on the 3rd meal. I also know that my stomach has shrunk and I really can't do the old portion size I used to...

Praying we all survive it and have little set backs IF ANY! Good Luck all.
  • laura1
    laura1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am leaving for Cancun in 90 days just booked last night really determined my goal is 25 lbs I hope I am not setting myself up to fail.
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    We are headed to Sandals for our 9th time at the end of the year!!!!

I have several comments based on all these posts. To the original poster, losing 10 pounds for your vacation in 44 days is a bad idea in my opinion. Most people eat/drink more on vacation. If you drop your calorie intake to lose all that weight that fast before you go, you are just going to gain it right back on vacation. To me, it makes more sense to go on a reasonable diet now, lose like a pound a week, and when you get home start fresh.

As for the people trying to not gain weight on an all inclusive vacation, I can almost assuredly tell you that you can't! There are drinks and food everywhere all the time! And one Dirty Banana is probabaly 1/4 of the calories I should have all day! I am not trying to discourage anyone, but I have been a roller coaster dieter for a very long time, and have been dieting when we have gone on vacation many times before. My advice is, go into it knowing you will gain weight. Try to make better choices (like an egg white omlette for breakfast rather than bacon, etc). And if you eat at the breakfast buffet, maybe don't eat lunch. etc. However, I always know in my head that I spent all that money to go there, and I can't get a Dirty Banana at home, so I want one! So I have one! I honestly have been dieting fully at 1200 calories a day (for my wedding) and went on my honeymoon and literally ate whatever I wanted. I came home 10 pounds heavier (yes, 10 pounds!) but I had whatever I wanted and really enjoyed myself. Due to water weight, etc, if you come home and start eating like a normal person again (like not eating three gourmet meals a day and 10 drinks!) your weight will go back down.

So, I'm sure lots of people will argue this, and I'm not saying you should eat whatever you want, but so that you don't come home disappointed, I would go into it knowing you will gain a little weight, but it will come off pretty easily when you get home.:smile:
  • kmiskow
    Options
    We just got back from an 8 day vacation at the beach. I kept up my workouts and even ran extra. I was extremely careful about what I ate, etc. When I got home I gained 8 pounds. I was so personally embarrased that I didn't record my weight on MFP, lol. Three days later I lost 9 pounds. So, it was a good reminder that when you eat out it is nearly impossible to avoid excess sodium as compared to home prepared foods. Once the sodium cleared out the excess water I was carrying cleared out and I was ahead of the game.

I do notice after a cruise or beach i gain weight and then lose it. I think I absorb the salt air -LOL
  • kmiskow
    Options
    Headed to Vegas to meet up with college girlfriends next weekend then down to New Mexico to visit my boyfriend! Haven't seen any of them in at least 6 months. Non of them have seen my weightloss yet! Can't wait!
    That will be great!