Scale

Options
Hi there! I'm in need of a new scale and am wondering if you guys have any recommendations?
Thanks

Replies

• casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    One that measures the pressure of an object under the influence of gravity by way of its mass.

Do NOT buy those little silver things that are on a fish. They will NOT help you in the slightest in discerning your weight. Don't make the same mistake that I did. You just end up looking silly and your hands end up smelling of fish.

Happy to help. x

To be serious though, I got a set for £10 from my local store. I dont believe spending £100 on something that does a single job really makes sense. You can get the desired reult from a cheap set.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Very helpful Casper :-P

Micaela, I have an Escali scale that measures Body Fat % and water % as well as overall weight, which I like a lot. A little pricey though; $80-ish.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Get something digital so as to not be confused by that dang little pin that never seems to be in the same place!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    We had one at work called Health-O-Meter and it seemed pretty accurate. I agree with Dana about getting a digital one. I am thinking back to the ones with the needle that we had when I was growing up; if you didn't like the weight it showed you could just shift around a bit and get a better one!

I personally would not spend a lot of money on a scale. A cheap one should work well enough unless you are really obsessed about getting an accurate number.