MFP vs. Weight Watchers

Options
124»

Replies

• JennafurC
    JennafurC Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a WW success story. I have never been to a meeting, I did everything 100% online and was 100% accountable to only myself. I lost 77 pounds on it and have maintained (and even lost 3 more) for over a year. I think that the boards on WW are more helpful than MFP.
    MFP is nice because its free and gives you nutritional breakdowns of all the foods instead of just point values.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers and lost a good chunk of weight (35 lbs) in like 2007. It all came back, though, because WW doesn't really give you any tools for maintenance or for even really learning what you're doing without guidance. It doesn't teach anything about nutritional value. I kind of viewed it as a very overprotective-mommy system: "don't you worry your pretty little head about that; just tell me what you ate and I'll tell you how you're doing." Once you've hit goal, you're left with very little in the way of helping you maintain. I'm doing much better here than I did with them! But that's just my personal experience.

This is perfect! I was trying to explain this the other day and couldn't quite put it into words. I agree 100%. I am doing so much better with MFP.