Work out NAUSEA. Food choice/timing?

Options
2»

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Have you had a recent doctor visit? As somebody with low iron, what you describe is me trying to work out before I was diagnosed and on a supplement.

Like most people here, 1.5-2 post meal and I am good to go. I don't work out in the mornings because I'm a slow starter.

ETA: I looked at your profile, what happens to you could also be happening if you aren't consuming enough calories to sustain your basic bodily functions AND heavy work outs.
  • gabriellethin
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! This has all be really helpful. Going to try a few different combinations and see what works best
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I work out right after work at about 5:30 or 6pm, with my last snack being eaten between 3 and 3:30. I usually have greek yogurt, a luna bar, or fruit. If I eat less than 2 hours before a workout I definitely get nauseous. I like to be hungry/getting hungry. If I work out in the morning (I do on weekends), I just have a little water when I wake up, then eat breakfast after my workout

I also don't drink water during workouts unless my mouth gets really dry, but I make sure to stay well hydrated throughout the day and drink a lot of water after workouts.

This is just what works for me. Good luck!