Just not hungry ..

Options
Im finding I need to force myself to eat 1200 calories per day most days and I'm just not hungry.
For example right now, it's lunchtime, and I do not have any desire to eat at all. I had my morning breakfast and I'm good.

Last night after dinner I had 700 calories I had to use up still for my daily allowable... I managed to have about 500 remaining and was over the 1200 mark so I was happy with that.

Does anyone else have this? I dont want to eat for the sake of eating, but I dont want to go under 1200 calories either ...

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Im finding I need to force myself to eat 1200 calories per day most days and I'm just not hungry.
    For example right now, it's lunchtime, and I do not have any desire to eat at all. I had my morning breakfast and I'm good.

Last night after dinner I had 700 calories I had to use up still for my daily allowable... I managed to have about 500 remaining and was over the 1200 mark so I was happy with that.

Does anyone else have this? I dont want to eat for the sake of eating, but I dont want to go under 1200 calories either ...

If you aren't getting enough calories, you should find calorie rich things. One thing that may help you is a Slim Fast. This is usually designed to replace a meal for people that just eat way too much. However, doctors recommend it for people that don't eat a lot (it is loaded with nutrients is why).

If you eat too little for too long, you basically don't get the nutrition you need and your body begins to flip out. This is why many people post about stalling weight loss.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've found lately that I'm just not hungry either so I've just been getting protein shakes and fruits and veggies. I live in Phoenix so I think the heat has something to do with it
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I've found lately that I'm just not hungry either so I've just been getting protein shakes and fruits and veggies. I live in Phoenix so I think the heat has something to do with it

I wondered why I wan't hungry! The heat in Houston is suffocating.. and then the office is subzero… Well, at least I am making good choices and sticking to my plan!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Eat some nuts, they are high in calories but good for you. Maybe a tablespoon of peanut butter, a protein shake, anything to get your calories up to 1200.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

I wondered why I wan't hungry! The heat in Houston is suffocating.. and then the office is subzero… Well, at least I am making good choices and sticking to my plan!

It definitely affects me. Peanut butter and nuts are also good fillers
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    plan your day out in am. That way you can add something to something else like cheese to a sandwich or mayo... Also you can drink them like smoothies, v-8's or anything you like to drink with calories. I wouldn't wait till end of day and then eat 500-600 calories. I usually eat dinner at 5-6 and then maybe a small 100-200 calorie snack before bed if I'm hungry. I don't sweat it if I don't get exactly 1200.