Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

a year is so fast sometimes!

a couple of weeks ago i reached a year on mfp. i got a free moment today so i thought i would post a before and during photo. i was hoping i could reach by first goal of one-derland by the one year mark. i did not and i sometimes find that disappointing. but on my one year mfp anniversary my husband and i were in vegas and he took a picture of me dressed up for a night out. looking at that picture next to pictures from a year ago i am pretty dang please one-derland or not!

50 pounds down and one year in (yes i have two arms but the shirt is a bit big so i was holding the back for the picture without realizing i would loose an arm)
7604121934_2c11b4e430_o.jpg

1 year ago (well more than a year but the same weight) i did some modeling for a friend's book
5681170656_af2857303c.jpg

Replies

• ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    GREAT JOB! It goes by so fast and there is no denying that you have done some excellent work! Keep it up!
  • grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Congrats! You look fantastic :)
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    You look great, congratulations! Funny, I didn't notice the arm thing until you mentioned and then I scrolled up and looked and I can't believe I didn't notice the first time, lol. I guess I was so focused on the weight-loss that I didn't notice a missing limb :laugh:
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    You look GREAT! Congrats!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Lol at your one arm comment! you look fabulous!!! 1 year and a 50 LB loss really looks good on you! Keep up the great work you are doing and I'm sure you will see ONEderland in no time! :)
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    thanks ladies!!
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats! I also looooove your hair color!
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    You should be very, very proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing :)
  • phil412
    phil412 Posts: 36 Member
    You look fantastic! Kudos to you!!!
  • sheiwat
    sheiwat Posts: 47
    U look awesome!!!!!!!!!!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    You look A BILLION times better my goodness!

Congratulations! Keep up the good work and remember to post more "During" pics and eventually an "After" too! :-D
  • 170isthin
    170isthin Posts: 45 Member
    You are doing super!
  • iysys
    You look A BILLION times better my goodness!

Congratulations! Keep up the good work and remember to post more "During" pics and eventually an "After" too! :-D

i am not even the vaguest bit camera shy so there are lots of during pics :-)
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    You have done an amazing job and look so pretty (but then you looked pretty before - just healthier AND pretty now).
  • Sarahsmiles0875
    Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
    Beautiful! Well done
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Great job! And I love your before pic too - super cute hair!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    You look so good! I'm hoping to make my way to one-derland as well (you must be pretty tall because you look there), and I would be freakin' thrilled if I'd lost 50 lbs. in a year. Congrats!
  • iysys
    You look so good! I'm hoping to make my way to one-derland as well (you must be pretty tall because you look there), and I would be freakin' thrilled if I'd lost 50 lbs. in a year. Congrats!

as i was reminded this weekend when i went swimsuit shopping and everything was too short yes i am on the tall side at 5'8"
  • Fantastic! Its the staying with it that makes all the difference! Its an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Wow! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!