3 Day Detox for cleansing Purposes

Options
I have been feeling extremely fatigued and run down lately. I was doing a little research on detox diets, and I think i want to try this 3 day detox cleanse to try to restart my metabolism, and help get me energized again, plus I feel like my body needs a break for a little while. I already know most people's opinions about detox and dieting, and I just want to say- i am in no way shape or form doing this to try to lose weight, this is strictely for cleansing purposes. The three days consist of lots of water, organic fruits that have been juiced, and a vegetable stock that you make yourself. You only do it for three days, and you should not work out on it, so I plan to do it over the long weekend we having coming up next weekend. The reason i am posting this, is I was wondering if anyone has any good experiences/ benefits from doing a detox?

Replies

• kittynurse
    Options
    I'm sure you're going to get 987 posts about how bad this is for you and how your body needs more calories/nutrients etc than you can get on a cleanse, or some such warnings. I personally think our bodies are resilient enough to endure a short famine without doing any damage to our major organ systems. I've seen people carry on about the monumental detriment one does in taking on a short fast, but I simply don't buy it. I've done a lot of short juice fasts and other types of cleanses and I think they're spectacular as long as you aren't motivated by weight loss. Intentionally refraining from eating solid food for a few days at a time has the ability to clear your mind a great deal. I always feel so much "cleaner" at the end of a juice fast. I can't speak highly enough about them. I feel like I'm mentally sharper and just generally more "together" after a fast. I like to add in hot baths or saunas while I'm doing a juice fast too, but make sure you stay hydrated if you do anything like that. Anyway, best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I have been feeling extremely fatigued and run down lately. I was doing a little research on detox diets, and I think i want to try this 3 day detox cleanse to try to restart my metabolism, and help get me energized again, plus I feel like my body needs a break for a little while. I already know most people's opinions about detox and dieting, and I just want to say- i am in no way shape or form doing this to try to lose weight, this is strictely for cleansing purposes. The three days consist of lots of water, organic fruits that have been juiced, and a vegetable stock that you make yourself. You only do it for three days, and you should not work out on it, so I plan to do it over the long weekend we having coming up next weekend. The reason i am posting this, is I was wondering if anyone has any good experiences/ benefits from doing a detox?

I cleanse. I love it. I don't do it for weight loss either. Sounds like you have been properly informed and you are doing it for the right purpose.

Here is a website you might enjoy. www.elsonhaas.com
    He has great nutrition info and how to keep up the cleanse with the right foods. He also has really good juice, and food recipes for other cleanses, but I'm not sure if they are on his site.
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks for the good comments ladies!
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am married to a european and lived in europe for 10 years. Fasting/detox/cleansing is highly used there. I have done a three day fast every year for the last 19 years and love it. I don't do it for weight loss but for cleansing and other reasons. The first few years I did it under doctors supervision, now I'm experienced enough that I don't need that. Research it and talk to your doctor first, there is a lot to it. Good luck!