Protein powder makes me gag!

Options
13»

Replies

• fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I use body fortress chocolate whey. I hated the taste when I first tried it. But now I only using it occasionally when I've been fasting and have a lot of activities planned for the day, but I don't want to eat yet. I notice I enjoy it much more when I'm really hungry.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    don't just drink it straight in water silly, mix it with something else.
    cut up fresh fruit and freeze it, blend it with vanilla protein powder and a splash of water = delish!
    or mix if u don't want it mixed with something, mix it into a shot glass of water, throw it back like a shot, and chase it with a glass of reg. water
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I use dark chocolate flavor protein powder and I blend it with some of my favorite ice cream (GASP! she eats ice cream!) for a deliciously filling milkshake. Takes care of the sweet tooth, and my protein requirements and tastes not at all gross.
  • JPenny12
    JPenny12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You've gotten lots of good advice about hiding the taste of the protein powder. But I also wanted to mention, you said it was $36 and you are a cheapo. A really cheap source of protein powder is skim milk powder you can buy from the grocery store. Same thing but without the huge markup from the supplement stores.
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    bump!
    just got my vanilla 100% egg protein today... mixed it with water and it was gross. tried mixing it in hot coffee and it was a disaster... i really wanted to TRY it and since i'm at work with limited options right now, i just mixed with a diet coke. it tastes good but probably not the best way to use it!
    i will definitely try to blend with PB and Banana at home!!
    thanks!
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    add it to cottage cheese/oats/milk/egg whites.

or sniff it for a quick pick me up. :wink:

hahahahaha
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    Please check out this site, there are some great recipes. I love protein shakes with the add ins.

http://dashingdish.com/recipes/shakes/
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My husband drinks protein powder with water and I think it's totally gross. I do a smoothie/shake thing - chocolate protein powder, almond milk, and powdered peanut butter all in the magic bullet blender and it takes like a Reese's milkshake. : )
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite treats: Non-fat, plain Greek yogurt, chocolate protein powder (Optimum Nutrition gold standard Double chocolate is what I'm using and I really like it. Mixes great, tastes awesome and an independent assay found that their protein content is reliable and accurate) and peanut butter all mixed together. Tastes amazing, has great macros and is super filling.
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't drink it either, without gagging. This week I used a scoop of my vanilla protein powder to make protein balls. There are many variations/recipes online, but I made mine with peanut butter, oats, 1 scoop of protein powder, a few raisins, and raw almonds.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I put it in my oatmeal :)
  • Dsuth42
    Dsuth42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay as stated earlier in this thread, I tried the 'cookies n cream' protein drink from Giant Sports the guy gave me today. Mixed it with 2% milk and it was Delicious! No really. It was great. I can imagine adding crushed ice, coffee, or even a banana to it in a blender and it would be like some kind of a luscious dessert! He wasn't lying! And to my surprise it even thickened up like a shake.