Where do you get it on?

Your cardio, that is.
I prefer to run outside on trails, but I'm curious if other people jog on treadmills. Or maybe you do HIIT, or bike, or use an elliptical, or dance, or chase squirrels, or do something really cool I've never even heard of. So let's hear how you get your heart pumping--- I'm feeling the need to get inspired and mix things up!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Run outdoors, ride my bike & row on my erg (great full body workout in addition to the cardio). I don't chase squirrels but I have been know to talk to them (and other critters I come across) while out on my runs but I have been threatened by geese.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Same as the OP - outside trail running.

HATE treadmills!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Arc Trainer at gym 6 days a week (40mins 3 days, 15 3 days) and then a 3 mile walk/run 7 days a week outside.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 682 Member
    I run outside when the weather permits. Usually through my neighborhood but sometimes I take my dog to the park and run. I absolutely HATE running on a treadmill indoors. Running outside helps me clear my mind of all the garbage from the day and I just don't feel the same if I have to use the treadmill.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Elliptical at home. Treadmill or bike at the gym. Gotta change it up so I don't hate it as much.
  • catweazle12
    catweazle12 Posts: 60 Member
    I run on trails and road and also go to spinning class.

Also do this about 3 times a week. Fantastic workout whether your going up fast or slow.... Goal this season... beat 40 mins, I'm at 40:49... so close!

The Grouse Grind
    The Grouse Grind® is a 2.9-kilometre trail up the face of Grouse Mountain, commonly referred to as “Mother Nature’s Stairmaster.”

This trail is very challenging. Keep in mind that there is a wide range of mountaintop trails that might better suit the average hiker.

Trail Facts
    Length: 2.9 kilometres (1.8 miles)
    Elevation Gain: 853 metres (2,800 feet)
    Base: 274 metres above sea level (900 feet)
    Summit: 1,127 metres (3,700 feet)
    Total Stairs: 2,830
    Statistics: Annually, over 100,000 people hike the trail.
    Average Time: On average it takes up to an hour and a half to complete the hike. For novice hikers, two hours is recommended.
    Participants: Hikers range in age from 7 to 90, with an equal male/female split.

(copied from the Grouse Mountain web site)
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Until I can talk someone into bringing my treadmill upstairs, I will continue to run in place, and use my Walk Away the Pounds video.
    It is too hot for me outside and I really dont have time to go to the gym. I usually exercise very early every morning and If i wasnt a chicken, I would walk outdoors.
    My husband wont walk outdoors with me. He doesnt want the neighbors to see him getting his walk on :laugh:
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    I primarily run on the treadmill. Either Fartlek or HIIT intervals. I throw in a 5+ mile run every now and again as well.
  • celeste_xo
    celeste_xo Posts: 88
    I like to mix it up. I use the Arc trainer at the gym, go to spin class whenever my schedule permits, and run outside weather permitting. I'm also thinking of going back to my old gym so I can start swimming again because I miss it!
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Surfing, group classes (pilates, kickboxing, dancing), soccer, chasing ducks/bunnies/kitties (I chased a dog once. It bit me.), and walking to and from the scanners. I do not like grinding treadmills.
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Running outside, road or trail.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    I don't. hah. I hate cardio. But I'm thinking of swimming... it's way too hot to run outside and I hate doing all those stupid cardio machines at the gym. Sooo boring.