Replies

• tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    GREAT NSV! No doubt they didn't recognize you! :drinker:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV - Go you - that must feel awesome.

I went to see some friends after I had been on my journey for about 3 months and thought that her and her husband would notice for sure - they didn't. Damn. They are coming up to see me in August (25th) and I am hoping that there mouths will drop with shock - a good shock. If they don't notice then I think I will have to ban them from coming to visit for at least a year! haha

x
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    That is awesome! Sometimes I forget that some people haven't seen me in a while, and they're completely shocked. My dad hadn't seen me since I lost the last 55 lbs, and my stepmom said she turned to my dad and said "That can't be Rachel." Whenever I'd talk to him on the phone he'd bring up the 17 Day Diet he was doing with his co-workers, and how I should give it a try. I said I was already eating all that stuff, and he said "Yeah, but probably too much of it." I felt so bad, like I was lying, but he was pretty stoked when he saw me. :bigsmile:

Nothing against your dad, but isn't it wonderful to SHOW people that you can do what they thought you couldn't or wouldn't do? That is so awesome!
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    :happy: What a great feeling!
  • determined136
    Options
    One of the guys I work with called me his dream girl yesterday....it was nice and creepy all in the same second!:embarassed:
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    wow guys that's fabulous! I am so proud of all of you! And your hair looks lovely.

I've only been on here a week and a half, but i do look forward to the day when people are like..."OMG".

25846456.png
  • Primrose1960
    Primrose1960 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    that is great! sometimes we cant see the change in ourselves and it is great to get such a reaction.:noway: :noway:
  • mjnov
    mjnov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for people close to you to notice (family, friends), and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice.

i say, keep making em notice you! =]
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Sometimes I forget that some people haven't seen me in a while, and they're completely shocked. My dad hadn't seen me since I lost the last 55 lbs, and my stepmom said she turned to my dad and said "That can't be Rachel." Whenever I'd talk to him on the phone he'd bring up the 17 Day Diet he was doing with his co-workers, and how I should give it a try. I said I was already eating all that stuff, and he said "Yeah, but probably too much of it." I felt so bad, like I was lying, but he was pretty stoked when he saw me. :bigsmile:

Nothing against your dad, but isn't it wonderful to SHOW people that you can do what they thought you couldn't or wouldn't do? That is so awesome!

Yes!!! He's really happy that I've stuck with it. Your haircut looks cute, by the way! :smile:
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I hope they notice when I go to the dentist today :):tongue:

I went this morning and the hygenist and dentist did not recognize me! They said, 'Who are you and what have you done with David?' LOL