Suggestions for Low Carb Breakfasts Please.....

Options
dcc56
dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
My personal trainer recently reviewed my food diary. He looked at my print out and all he could say is
"CARBS CARBS CARBS."

I agreed to work on changing my breakfast meal as a first step.
I need suggestions for a low carb breakfast.
H E L P !!!

Replies

• bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs. People shriek at bacon, but a slice of uncured bacon is only about 40 calories. Look at my breakfast for this morning - 18 carbs, skip the yogurt and you're down to 10. And I was full.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I had two poached eggs and a couple slices of lean ham for breakfast this morning. About 250 cals, 2 carbs.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, BACON!

Also, certain oatmeals, fruit, eggs, and high fiber cereals will have some but not many carbs, and will fill you up.
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Omlets! Fill them with tons of veggies like mushrooms, onion, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, spinach ... I like a sprinkle of feta instead of chedder.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    P90X spinach scramble.

Saute 1 cup uncooked spinach.
    Add 4-6 egg whites (or 3/4 cu egg beaters)
    Add 1 - 2 tbslp feta cheese when eggs are done.

239 cals
    9g carbs
    9g fat
    29g protien.

I am diabetic too and I find this breakfast helps keep my blood sugar low through the morning.
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Check out marks daily apple, there's a lot of good recipes there. I make the omelet muffins with a few tweeks and I make them in bulk so its a fast and easy breakfast during the week.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been digging my broccoli, eggs, and pepper jack cheese breakfasts :)
  • healthymission92
    Options
    Scrambled egg and smoked salmon.
    Omelettes with veggies
    plain greek yoghurt with nuts and cinamon
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I swear by eggs, uncured ham, and a sliced tomato on the side.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Egg whites and vegs
    Tofu scramble
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Today I had, 2 eggs scrambled with water (it actually make them fluffier than milk!), 2 slices of uncured turkey bacon, some feta cheese, and 1/4 an avocado. delicious and super filling!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    just about every day I eat 2 scrambled eggs, 4 slices of soy bacon...then I either have 1/2 cup berries or a low carb/high fiber tortilla. No more than 350 calories, 19 carbs, like 9 or 10 fiber.
  • tracykayakcrazy
    Options
    I love plain greek yogurt with a bit of honey and some berries in season!
  • susanb8500
    susanb8500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Do you have any dietary restrictions?

EGGS! I eat a boiled egg for breakfast almost every day, but you could make your eggs any way you want them. I also love Butterball turkey bacon. I eat two pieces for breakfast for 30 calories. They cook in the microwave for about 10 seconds per slice. I like mine extra crispy so I go for 12 seconds or more per slice.

Greek yogurt is high in protein and a good breakfast food. You could make a smoothie using protein powder.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1. Eggs, any way you like!
    2. Ham and tomatoes
    3. Smoked fish (salmon, trout, mackerel)
    4. Good greek yoghurt, with nuts and berries
    5. Cottage cheese
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    If you want some alternatives to eggs
    Today for me was
    4oz of smoked salmon
    2oz of goat cheese
    whole cucumber

Sliced up the cucumber, spread a little goat cheese on each slice and top off with the smoked salmon.

Calories: 338 Carbs: 5 Fat: 21 Protein: 36
  • celeste501
    Options
    Have you tried cooking an egg or egg whites in a coffee mug? It is THE fastest, easiest way to get in breakfast without having to cook at home. Choose a mug with higher sides because the eggs will rise. I cook the equivalent of 2 eggs (using Egg Beaters) for 1 minute, then cut/scramble with a fork and cook another 30 seconds. Perfect scrambled eggs at work! I like to add some black pepper. Salt would be good too, but I'm supposed to limit that.

I also like to buy the turkey sausage links that are pre-cooked and individually wrapped in packages of 2. All you do is warm them up in the microwave. You can cook those first, then chop them and add to your egg mug.

Egg mugs can also be made with veggies. You'd add those to your mug first, cook for 1 minute, then add your eggs on top and continue cooking as above. Try it, you'll be hooked!
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It looks like a chunk of your carbs are coming from a banana, I fail to see the problem there.
  • bananapopsicle1
    bananapopsicle1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make my own version of "breakfast sausage" (basically mini-homemade burgers made out out ground chicken and pork, spinach, oats, flax seed, egg etc). I use a muffin tray to bake them (cup filled half way):, then freeze them and grab quickly in the morning and nuke them (I'm not a big egg person, and I find the sausages filling). I also sometimes just make a protein shake and drink on the way into work if I am in a rush; then eat the mini- sausages and/ or mini blueberry/bran muffins (from the biggest loser recipe) for an early mid-morning snack:smile:
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas.