Just started 30DS

Options
I just started 30DS yesterday with a friend and we were kind of surprised at how much of it we couldn't do. The push-ups were the hardest part by far. I was wondering if anyone else had a hard time at the beginning as well and how long did it take before it got easier?

Thanks!

Replies

• susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    hi annie, i started it a couple of weeks ago, not doing it every day though as i run and do circuit training too, i found the first time very hard and ached for 4 days after but after that found it much easier!! i also don't think the stretches are enough so i always do a few extra ones to stop me aching!! good luck and enjoy!!! :smile:
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I did it just last Sunday morning. I had to really work to get through it... and I was so sore afterwards -- heck I'm *still* sore and it's been four days -- that I'm not sure I'm going to continue.

It really put a dent in my normal exercise -- like the walking and stuff I enjoy doing daily.

I'm tempted to try again, but man, I don't think I want that kind of pain again. It was pretty bad.
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i started about 10 days ago and it never got easyier for me :P just have to push through it. I dislike the last strength move the most the one where u raise the weights in front of u and do a squat to the side. those hurt :s
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I spent a lot of time at level 1 and I also had hardest time with push ups! I can do squats all day but push ups are sooo hard! I found that Level 1 never got completely easy. It got easiER after about a week or two. I made myself move to Level Two a few days ago and while it's definitely harder, I find I can do it! I have to take breaks occasionally. When I was on Level 1 at the beginning I had to take breaks but by the end (about two weeks in) I could do it with no breaks! Now I am working to doing Level 2 with no breaks.

From what I've read on here, everyone has a different experience, depending on their level of fitness or where they're stronger. My workout buddy can only get about 2/3 of the way through Level 1 so everyone starts at a different place. The important thing is to keep going! Do what you can and do it every day and you'll get stronger!

I have noticed now at Level 2 I am doing real push ups (instead of girl push ups where you're on your knees)! I can't do too many but I used to not even be able to do 1! So I am definitely getting stronger :D

Good luck!!!!
  • marcee13
    marcee13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started today too! Although, I have been on and off with the 30DS lol... I found it does get easier tho! so just keep pushing and the biggest thing is just not to quit. even if you can't do it, work harder on the exercises you can. Eventually you'll be bale to last th ewhole time no problem
  • EpicChristy
    EpicChristy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on lvl 2 day 3. The first day i did it was very difficult, but I just took a few seconds to breathe and went right back to it. I am following JM's podcast advise. 2 days 30DS 1 day cardio 2 days 30ds 1 day cardio then 1 day off. I started out doing it 10 days consecutively, and towards the end my knees starting hurting a lot. That is when i switched to her recommendation. Also, by day 8 or so i was realy bored with level 1. I have found level 2 to be more challenging, but also more fun.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    :laugh: bless you!

I'm on level 3, day 7, so almost done!

Trust me, it DOES get easier, by days 5 or 6, you'll be flying through, but you have to stick at it and yes, do more streches than Jillian does at the end. I found also that doing 15 minutes or so of light cardio, dancing, aerobics etc, really helped with the soreness as it reduces the lactic acid in your muscles.

Good luck to you, hang in there! :happy:
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started yesterday too and I was surprised as well how challenging it was going to be! I thought that level one was probably going to be a breeze but that's really not the case. I try and do as many regular push ups as I can and when I can't do anymore I do them the knee way. Add me if you want and have another 30DS buddy :)
  • annie5678
    annie5678 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's good to know we're not alone haha
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4. The first day I nearly threw up, lol, so I know exactly what you're talking about. The hardest part for me is the cardio. I can push through the strength and abs, but the cardio is the worst. I've been modifying a bit and everyday I do more of the workout without modifying. It's definitely getting easier from day 3 and I can see a difference in my body already.
  • racward
    racward Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm now on my second round (I got to day 15 the first time and then life got in the way!) and it is WAY easier this time. I can't believe how quickly my body has adapted and I find it much easier to not only keep up, but to really push myself. I agree that some light cardio afterwards really helps...if you have the time. I do some zumba which seems to loosen out my legs, which is where I was hurting the most, but it kills my abs (hopefully it will help in the long run!). Just don't give up...it is such hard work so there is no point throwing away all the effort you have already put in. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!