How many calories burned on Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?!!

Options
I just started this DVD up again today after a failed attempt to get in the routine of it last month, and I'm curious how I know how many calories I burn at each level? Anyone know or have a way of figuring it out? I don't want to purchase a heart monitor if at all possible.
I would appreciate the help!! THANKS!

Replies

• shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    well this is going to be different for every person but this is for me personally. I would invest in your own HRM, I love mine it's a polar F11.
    anyway, on level 1 of the 30 day shred I burn between 150-170 (somedays I wasn't as motivated)
    on level 2 i'm now burning around 230 give or take a few.
    hope that helps a little.
  • jadelynn
    Options
    what is your height and weight if you dont mind me asking? i entered it online here as circuit training and got 174 calories burned for my height and weight, but not sure if that will be right!
  • shera426
    Options
    i'm 5'5" and 170 so i'm sure I probably burn more then you just because i'm heavier :glasses:
  • jadelynn
    Options
    i dont understand how it can say lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days when you'd only burn 150 or so! ugh! frustrating. lol i guess i'll just try it out and see. what could it hurt! are you doing it currently?
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it in awhile, but I usually burn around 150-160 calories. I'm 5'4 and 120 lbs. It didn't really change much w/each level. However, I've really only used the workout as an "add on" to another workout when I feel I need to burn about 150 more calories. When I first got it I did about 20 straight days of it, but I didn't own a HRM then so I have no idea. For a short workout, 150 calories seems pretty good to me? GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
  • shera426
    Options
    i dont understand how it can say lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days when you'd only burn 150 or so! ugh! frustrating. lol i guess i'll just try it out and see. what could it hurt! are you doing it currently?

simple a marketing ploy. They just don't mention you could probably lose 20lbs if you were very overweight, I wasn't looking for a miracle. I wanted weight loss that will stay with me not a quick fix. I've been doing 30 day shred for 17 workouts and have lost over 4lbs. I am on a plateau tho so i'm trying to give my body a jump start. I've lost 15lbs since july 27.
    Good Luck
  • jadelynn
    Options
    Oh wow!! Okay yeah I'd be good with 4 pounds in two weeks by doing a 20 minute workout! =) I'm encorporating other exercises into the day as well so hopefully that will help even more!