HOURS VS DAYS ACTIVITY LEVEL

Options
When figuring out activity level, do you go by hours per week or days per week. I have a desk job.

I currently workout 5 days a week and it adds up to 3 hours per week, slightly more or slightly less, depending.

What activitly level should I consider myself?

Michelle

Replies

• each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think you're supposed to go by hours? I would say light, but make sure to net your bmr. Sound right to others? All that said, I'm not sure I've got the right activity level either!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Depends on the intensity of the exericse. running for 30 minutes = walking for an hour for me, or slightly more.

Also consider that when you do go out to exercise, you also have to get up, change, go to whatever you're doing (walk there, whatever) and cool down, maybe shower. There's a lot more standing up and moving around involved than you would have done if you did nothing.

I find my desk job falls into 'lightly' active because I tend to get up and get water, go to the bathroom, walk to a meeting, chat with a coworker, walk to grab a coffee or lunch, etc. (this is what my BMF tells me anyway). So I consider Exercising bumping me up into moderate.

Unless you literally do NOTHING but sit all day including at home (no house work, yardwork, etc) you are not really sedentary.
  • CleanandLean33
    Options
    Also consider how active you are on top of this, e.g if you walk or move about alot in your day you will be suprised how much extra you burn.

This week with no gym time just a fair bit of walking during the day for work as I don't have a car I easily fall into/ over the moderate activity bracket, add in gym time and i'm going to be well into strenuous... ive only just worked this out thanks to a fit bit. Now need to get a hrm to work out my gym based exercise kcal. Im guesssing this new discovery is why i can't lose weight ... cos even thou I upped my kcal on em2wl I was still really under eating
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Your activity level is nothing to do with your exercise on here.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    i am doing Chalean Extreme, minus the ab routines. It equals about 3.3 hours.

I don't have any device to gauge calorie burn.