Rest Days?

Options
20shan08
20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
I am doing the 30 Day Shred every day, as well as using my elliptical, only for about 10 mins a night.

Jillian Michaels says in her Ripped in 30 video to make sure you take a rest day and I've heard lots of people say that...

How important is it to do so? I feel guilty when I do. I've been trying to take Saturdays off but I havent really yet. I'll still use my elliptical or go for a walk/run. Could I just do my normal workout every day? It's not too extreme. Or maybe take a day off from 30DS but still use my elliptical?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i do something active everyday, but i try to keep the high intensity/high impact stuff (like weight lifting and running) to 3-4 days a week. the other 3 days i do low impact /less intense stuff like swimming, biking, walking, yoga etc.

so i guess technically i dont take a rest day, but my rest days are seriously less intense than the days i consider workout days... if that makes sense
  • bridgetsgram
    Options
    I go to Snapfitness 3x a week and then try to do my treadmill and recumbent bike at home the other 4 days. However, week-ends are not as easy to work-out. Maybe I just go for a long walk and do some light exercise. I'm not one to just sit and do nothing. I really like to exercise. I have lost over 24# since January and now only want to maintain and do some strength training. I wish you the best in your endeavor.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I've lost over 55 in total. Using an elliptical every day. I just recently started the 30 Day Shred, which is only a 20 min video so I'm thinking I will take rest day when and if my body needs it.
  • jeezekaitlynn
    Options
    I have heard the same thing. But I try and do something active everyday. Just like the lady above me ^^. If you are super sore or fatigued then I would say don't even try to exercise. I try and take walks everyday, or do some sort of cardio, even if its just for 15-30 min. As long as you feel OKAY. I don't see an issue with doing some sort of activity everyday of the week. Just don't push yourself too hard, or do too much everyday.