Need advice & resistance training info.

Options
Hey there! I'm a 25 year old woman, 5'4", 115lbs. I'm fine with my current weight. I've never really had an issue with being overweight, however, I've unhappy with my small body that lacks muscle definition. I want to be small AND sexy! My main concern is my lower half. It has been my focus for sometime now. Especially because of cellulite, ew! I'm so sick of looking at it! Aside from that, I have slight saddlebags that I would like to smooth out and basically obtain leaner, toned legs. I've done 30 Day Shred, as well as other JM workouts. Now, I am in the process of doing Brazil Butt Lift, combined with other things. Am I going to eventually see results that I want if I stick with it? I always get so discouraged! How long does it typically take to see results from resistance training? Thanks!

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about resistance training join a gym and start a proper weightlifting routine.

These 30 day programs are a great start but that's all it is, a start on a long(but enjoyable) journey. Nobody has ever built an incredible physique in 30 days, it takes months and then years.

check out the female training section on simply shredded.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/16909.html
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Try stating strength or stronglifts. They will not make you bulky or buff or look like a man. These programs will make you stronger, teach you correct weightlifting form and help you develop a solid weightlifting foundation, which will help with all the problems you mention
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    in addition to the above recommendations, you can also try out new rules of lifting for women
  • tocara
    tocara Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about resistance training join a gym and start a proper weightlifting routine.

These 30 day programs are a great start but that's all it is, a start on a long(but enjoyable) journey. Nobody has ever built an incredible physique in 30 days, it takes months and then years.

check out the female training section on simply shredded.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/16909.html

thanks for the link.... informative!
  • 614kristaaa
    Options
    So, will body weight training not be a good start for developing muscle tone?
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bodyweight training can not only be a great start but a great program to follow. However if you have access to a gym it is highly recommended that you use a gym
  • 614kristaaa
    Options
    My dilemma is that I really, REALLY hate gyms. I think they all screw you over. I had an awful experience, haha.