30 minutes of cardio?

Options
I'm currently trying to lose about 23 pounds by Christmas. I'm 138 now and I want to be 115 by Christmas time so I can go shopping for clothes (pants especially) for Christmas gifts......I'm only 5'3" and 17 years old, by the way...

Normally I do about 45 - 60 minutes of intense cardio, 6 days a week. I mix it up a lot, but I make sure my heart rate is up for at least 45 minutes. I also do 20 minutes of strength training every day, alternating muscles.

Welp, last night I played a lot of WII and I really tired out my muscles. So today my legs were really sore so I only did about 30 - 35 minutes of intense cardio.....I plan on playing more WII today, which, I know doesn't count as weight loss/exercise, but it does count for calorie burn......I'll play for an hour or two, just being easier on my legs.Tomorrow I'm gonna do my normal 45 - 60 minutes PLUS playing on the WII.

Will this one day mess up my weight loss??

PS: I do have a healthy diet, no need to mention it :))

Replies

• bsharrah
    bsharrah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No. That one day won't make any difference in trying to lose 23 pounds over the next 4 months.

Also, if you feel the need to do that much cardio that often, me thinks your diet isn't quite as healthy as you think. you can drop those pounds in that time frame with a healthy diet alone.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Why does your profile say you are 23 years old? :huh:

An hour and 20 minutes of intense cardio and strength exercise 6 days a week is a lot - doing less for one day is not going to "mess up" your weight loss - heck, sounds like your body might glad of the break! I've found that often times I lose more after a few days off from exercise.

As bsharrah said, you could probably back off that amount of exercise & as long as you're eating healthy (enough calories and balanced meals with protein/carbs/fat), you should have no trouble meeting your goal.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to lose about 23 pounds by Christmas. I'm 138 now and I want to be 115 by Christmas time so I can go shopping for clothes (pants especially) for Christmas gifts......I'm only 5'3" and 17 years old, by the way...

Normally I do about 45 - 60 minutes of intense cardio, 6 days a week. I mix it up a lot, but I make sure my heart rate is up for at least 45 minutes. I also do 20 minutes of strength training every day, alternating muscles.

Welp, last night I played a lot of WII and I really tired out my muscles. So today my legs were really sore so I only did about 30 - 35 minutes of intense cardio.....I plan on playing more WII today, which, I know doesn't count as weight loss/exercise, but it does count for calorie burn......I'll play for an hour or two, just being easier on my legs.Tomorrow I'm gonna do my normal 45 - 60 minutes PLUS playing on the WII.

Will this one day mess up my weight loss??

PS: I do have a healthy diet, no need to mention it :))

if you want to lose 23 lbs by Christmas, I suggest you visit India and eat where the locals eat.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    23 lbs in 5 months (a little over 4 lbs per month). Very doable. Keep your diet balanced and as clean as possible. Exercise about 30 mins a day max for 5 days a week, alternate strength training 3x per week and take 1 or 2 rest days per week. If you really get and keep your heart rate in the fat burning zone consistently, you don't need more than 30 mins a day to achieve results. When I dropped down from 75 mins a day to about 30-45 mins per day with 1 or 2 rest days, the weight started coming off easily. I maintain a 500 calorie deficit as far as food calories go.