"Sneaking" Veggies into my meals

Options
2»

Replies

• ncates00
    ncates00 Posts: 51
    Options
    Try grilled veggies. And also try actually liking veggies. I was the same, but I had to just get over it and eat wholesome, natural food!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Roasted or made into a creamy soup.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Also.....1550 cal is very low. Doing P90X, you may need to increase you're calories.

I tried upping it more than that and i gained so this amount works for me. I actually thought about lowering it but i decided to give it a little longer. I am all for "eat more to lose weight" but for me it hasnt worked so far. Ive been at this number for about 6wks and ive been battling the same cpl lbs up and down...
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. I think i should start with the smoothies!
  • tabithajoyy
    Options
    Here are two cookbooks that incorporate lots of hidden veggies:
    The Happy Herbivore (black bean brownies, chocolate zucchini muffins, etc.)
    Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld (the whole thing is based on sneaking in veggie purees to classic recipes- pretty neat!)

Good luck with everything!

Thanks for the Seinfeld book tip...now i remember seeing that one!
  • tabithajoyy
    Options

It sounds to me like you DO have some oral aversions. This is considered to be a medical issue in some circles. There are several ways to get around this. One of them is to just power through, push yourself to eat A bite of veggies at lunch and dinner. Another one is to identify WHAT you like about the few veggies you DO like, and what you DON'T like about the others. Is the taste too strong? does it feel slimy? Is it generally too abrasive to your mouth? Can you prepare the veggies a different way to make them more palatable? Maybe they need to be steamed less so they still have a little crunch to them and are not mushy....or maybe they need steamed more so they are softer. I used to put 1/2C of baby food spinach, squash, etc in my meatloaf. cauliflower and carrots could be steamed and pureed then mixed into mac-n-cheese or pasta sauces.

Mostly with my texture issue its something like oh, too slimy, too smooshy, the flavor is nasty. I like corn & potatos and thats it. I can not stand green veggies unless they are like peppers in salsa. I HATE peas, green beans, salad (makes me gag), carrots (going to try them again this wk), celery, califlower might be ok mixed in with stuff. Some other veggies i just simply havent tried bc they look gross/smell gross! I know is sounds kidish but some stuff i seriously do try and force it down and just DO it but i gag and almost throw up.