Fight the Fat

Options
Ok so I was reading this book called "The Town that Lost a Ton" and its about a town who went on a buddy system and lost 3998 pounds. Well anyway there was a saying in the book that I really liked and wanted to share.

"Progress isn't a straight line. Remember, if you take two steps forward and one backward, you're still one step ahead!"

This is so motivational and puts everything we go through in perspective. I will definitely be living by this quote going forward. So remember if you are having a rough day just know that your progress isn't a straight line and you can stray at times.

Replies

• 2kaizen
    2kaizen Posts: 64
    Options
    Amen! I was at a cocktail party tonight and did my best to log my calories - and even though I exceeded my daily limit it's okay ... I clicked the "done logging for today" button and it said I would still be DOWN in weight in 5 weeks time!

How nice to know that one "bad" day doesn't ruin it - it only slowed me down and briefly. The rest of the days will NOT be like this, so I figure that is my minimum expected weight loss in 5 weeks and that even that small amount would be progress in the right direction.

The longer you're moving in the right direction, is less time you can move in the wrong direction!

:laugh:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was reading this book called "The Town that Lost a Ton" and its about a town who went on a buddy system and lost 3998 pounds. Well anyway there was a saying in the book that I really liked and wanted to share.

"Progress isn't a straight line. Remember, if you take two steps forward and one backward, you're still one step ahead!"

This is so motivational and puts everything we go through in perspective. I will definitely be living by this quote going forward. So remember if you are having a rough day just know that your progress isn't a straight line and you can stray at times.

So very true and I thank you for sharing!! Keep strong you are doing great!!!!
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Totally Agree!!!! You just summed up my journey!!!