Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    was 10 years younger. Go figure!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    !0 years ago from today being july of 2002 i was off the coast of iraq in the gulf of oman. I was an electronics tech in the Navy,
    Nice work, man. I was an electronics tech (avionics) in the Navy until 1994 and did the whole Gulf War thing.

Thank you!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Had one child and was about a year from getting pregnant with my second. I was with a verbally, emotionally and physically abusive man who hit me at least once a week. I left all that behind and I'm a hell of a lot stronger for it.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Was 31 and had a 3 year old son. I was also just married to my now ex-husband. I weighed probably about 155 (same as now) but thought I should go on a diet, so I was working on losing weight then, too. The issue was I worked with fast food and it was hard to resist. I did manage to lose about 15 pounds through riding my bicycle and eating somewhat less. I had a better metabolism than I do now, for sure.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    !0 years ago from today being july of 2002 i was off the coast of iraq in the gulf of oman. I was an electronics tech in the Navy,
    Nice work, man. I was an electronics tech (avionics) in the Navy until 1994 and did the whole Gulf War thing.

Thank you!

Thank you X 2
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Had a sucky job and in a toxic relationship with a crackhead. Much happier now! :wink: :smile:
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    ... was the happiest girl in the world. I was in love. My brother was alive. Things were right. I learned to appreciate life and people.
  • thelastpierre
    Options
    18 and had just graduated HS getting ready to go to college. Wish I had better guidance(or maybe just better sense lol) :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    ....was engaged, but my fiancee passed away.
  • tonihayden
    tonihayden Posts: 67
    Options
    ...was homeless and living from car to car or couch to couch. I had a college degree and nothing to show for it so my addiction kicked into 5th gear and I started abusing xanax, ambien and cocaine

Jesus.

jesus is right.........hope she is in a better place now.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    ...was homeless and living from car to car or couch to couch. I had a college degree and nothing to show for it so my addiction kicked into 5th gear and I started abusing xanax, ambien and cocaine

Jesus.

jesus is right.........hope she is in a better place now.

Jesus is just alright by me! Jesus is just alright!!
  • cfranklin6353
    cfranklin6353 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Was about to break up with my high school boyfriend and then proceed to make a series of poor choices that would inevitably make the person that I am today - however bad or good that person is.

Also, my father was about 3 months away from catching a "flu" that wouldn't go away. He would go to the ER the following March when my mother found him unconscious in the bathroom floor and through an incidental finding on a CBC discover that he had Leukemia. August 1, 2013 will be the 10 year anniversary of his death.

However, I know there are no mistakes. There are no accidents. Today I am married to a wonderful man and we have a beautiful son, a lovely home, a great career, and I lay my head down every night feeling happy and loved. I wouldn't have met my husband if my ex hadn't broken my heart and I had to move in with my mother where I had nothing to do but screw around online all day and put a personal up on Yahoo. I wouldn't have dated that ex if I hadn't been so depressed about my father dying. I wouldn't have been so depressed and would have been able to mourn him properly if I hadn't been in an emotionally taxing relationship already with a person who dumped me on the day of my father's funeral. I wouldn't have been in that relationship if I hadn't felt the need to "one up" the aforementioned high school boy. And I wouldn't have had so many boyfriends if my father and I had a better relationship to begin with.
  • Tysonhi98
    Tysonhi98 Posts: 21
    Options
    regularly ran 15min'ish 5km races :(
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    I was 21 and still living with my parents
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    i was 18 and being a typical 18 year old... old enough to do as i pleased and young enough to not care
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Almost exactly ten years ago, I was at a county fair, trying a deep fried Oreo cookie and hating it. My body was a little plump; but that was because I was pregnant! Funny thing is, my daughter is probably the only nine-year-old I know who doesn't like Oreo cookies! :laugh:
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Was 34 yr old stay-at-home mom of 3 boys ages 10, 7 ,and 5 and was getting ready to adopt a baby girl who made our family complete. :tongue: life was similper then and 40 seemed SO OLD!

Now im 44. Have 3 BOYS DRIVING and everyone going every direction! And i am a full time 5th grade teacher. Same husband....deeper love!
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I was 8

:tongue:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Had just graduated college, and found a "real job", had been dating my now husband for 6 months.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I was 24 and still in the 300's. I was researching weight loss surgery options and still trying every diet/exercise program in the book while my health continued to spiral downhill. I was still married to my ex-husband and still struggling with fertility issues. I definitely wouldn't want to go back in time to that place in my life.