Turning 40 in December

Options
Anyone out there turning 40 in December? If I would have only stuck to my original plan at the beginning of the year to lose weight and meet my goal by the time I was 40, I would be in a much better place today. Here it is with only 2 months to go, and I am even farther away from my goal weight. I am at my heaviest weight and have not truly committed to making positive lifestyle changes. Obviously, what I am doing is not working so I really need to consider what I want my future to look like. At 5-2" and 185 lbs, I now see that it is only a matter of time before I hit 200 if I don't change now.

I am looking for support through this site to get through each day for at least the next 8 weeks. I think it would be realistic for me to lose at least 8 lbs by December 5. Believe me, I would love a miracle 50 lbs weight loss but that will have to be my goal for next year's birthday at the rate I'm going.

I am mentally prepared to start this journey right now (after having a full breakfast with the family). My mom is willing to join me in this challenge because she, too, could use to get healthier. My healthy goals for today are:

1. Do an exercise video for 20 min.
2. Drink at least 2 L H20.
3. Avoid "white stuff" and eat at least 1 fruit/1 veg before the day is over.
4. Weigh and measure myself. Might as well take "before" pics, too.
5. Post at the end of the day for accountability.

Thanks for the support and motivation. You are all an inspiration. This website rocks!

Replies

• goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Hi nomorexcuses!

I turned 40 in July and started this journey in June. I knew I wouldn't be at my goal in one month but I would at least have the chance to be healthier in my 40's. So far so good :drinker: Since June I have lost 16 lbs. It took me approx. 10 years to gain the weight and I don't expect a quick fix. I am in for the long haul. I know I will better in my 40's than my 30's... I already am :laugh: I post a daily check in everyday. It is called Daily Check In - date - under Motivation and Support. I feel that this makes me stay on track. You are more than welcome to join. (I am not sure if this is what you are looking for...) Good luck with your journey to a healthier life style. 40's are pretty good!!! Hopefully in a year I will be in maintenance mode and not weigh loss mode :happy:

Oh... there is another good post - the goal is Christmas/end of the year time. It is a weekly check in. I will go find the links and add them...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/67543-daily-check-in-10-3-09
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/67234-looking-good-for-christmas-week-12