gaining a pound a day

Options
mhoward685
mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
Eating under calories goal, not clean but under goal. Exercising an hour a day. I have gained a pound a day for the last 3 days. WTF?! I keep a 3 pound cushion in case of monthly weight fluctuations but the timing isn't right.

Replies

• pantherkeith
    pantherkeith Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd guess the sodium content from all of the burgers you're eating is causing a gain in water weight. If you're serious about getting to a healthier lifestyle, you're going to have to make lifestyle changes like not eating fast food burgers every day for lunch. You are at a deficit, but just a few calories/day, so your fat loss is going to be so slow that it will get discouraging.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I can in 3 pounds overnight...don't worry just keep working!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    First of all your weight can and will fluctuate daily based on many things including water retention. Do NOT stress over 3 pounds over 3 days.
  • WhySoCerealGirl
    Options
    It could be water weight or maybe muscle gaining?
  • mjnov
    mjnov Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    try to incorporate more veggies and less carbs into your diet. also, do you weigh yourself consistently at the same time every day? that will give you a better estimate of your loss and gain. I would suggest the morning, before you gain all that water weight.

but congrats on working out every day!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Add sodium to what shows up on your food diary. You will be surprised. Stay under 2500...and that is really too high. If you start to watch your sodium I bet it comes off.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Eating under calories goal, not clean but under goal. Exercising an hour a day. I have gained a pound a day for the last 3 days. WTF?! I keep a 3 pound cushion in case of monthly weight fluctuations but the timing isn't right.

Calories in/calories out is an outdated way of thinking. What calories you eat matters - and to be honest, your diary doesn't look great. As someone already stated it could be some water weight gain from all the sodium...cut out the fast food burgers. Seriously.

Given the workouts a small portion of that could also be some muscle weight gain.

Give it a go at clean eating for a week, and I bet you'll feel a lot of bloat come off and will see that scale budge!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    on July 8th I was 120, July 9th 119. Went on vacation and Tues I was 125. Did I gain 6 lbs? Nope. Water. Today I was 121. Did I lose 4 lbs of fat in a day? Nope. Just water fluctuation. I also measure my waist. On July 9th it was 26 inches. Today...the same despite the weight. I am trying to not put as much stock in my weight anymore. As long as I am within 1-2 inches of my waist/hip ratio I have decided to use that as a better indicator than weight fluctuations.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Not enough variation in your diet. I mainly see starches and meat. That needs to change. I'm not saying get rid of them entirely though. But more fruits and veggies.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Calories in/calories out is an outdated way of thinking. What calories you eat matters - and to be honest, your diary doesn't look great. As someone already stated it could be some water weight gain from all the sodium...cut out the fast food burgers. Seriously.

Given the workouts a small portion of that could also be some muscle weight gain.

Give it a go at clean eating for a week, and I bet you'll feel a lot of bloat come off and will see that scale budge!

This!! :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Cheating a little on my food diary this week using a five guys burger because I thought it would be most like homemade. Only day I had a fast food burger was yesterday the rest were home grilled. I realize that this weeks food diary looks bad and its not the norm because my company has a booth at a fair so my days are messed up. I am still up at 5 to get my exercise in but not in bed until 11 and feel sleep deprived.
    trying to enter food from my kindle is tough because it doesn't work like a computer. Ate some things I normallywouldnt eat, lime funnel cake. Hope it is just water weight from this unusual week and when I get back to normal it will come off.