A bit of a rant.

Replies

• dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    insecure people are the first to criticize. its amazing the accomplishment you have achieved and you shouldnt let her break your spirit.

dont confront her, but keep flaunting those skinny pics. at the end of the day, you are losing weight and she is losing your respect.

I agree with this post.

Everyone who isn't trying to better themselves jumps at the chance to make others feel as bad as they do.

You have resolved to change your life. They only wish they could be so determined.

You look great. F'em all! I can't wait until I hit some personal goals and get to display pics for the entire world. Deep down inside I will know that I am incredible and doing something that so few do in this fat fueled world. Oh and no I wouldn't say anything to her. She doesn't deserve a shred of truth from you again. Pretend like it never happened and just know how shallow and coniving she can be. That's what I would do.

(edited to add some spaces where they should be)
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Jealousy, turning saints into the sea, swimming through sick lullabies...

Basically what I'm saying is fu*k that *****. You've done great, who gives a rass what she thinks?
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    She is just hating on you because you have achieved great results and she hasn't done anything herself! Best thing to do is ignore it.. and atleast you know what she really thinks and what level of importance you should give her..

Have fun at the birthday party.. x
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Jealously. She's jealous of you. Bask in it. Touch it. Smell it. Feel it. Love it.

And confront her. It'll probably shut her up that you have the balls to even say anything. Then tell her to kiss your skinny *kitten*.

AND NOT FOR NOTHING, YOU LOOK PHENOMENAL. :drinker:
  • blair_bear
    blair_bear Posts: 165
    tumblr_ljdat9aVav1qbh85ao1_500.jpg
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    You look absolutely awesome. Some things just aren't worth bringing up and re-hashing over and over. I would ignore her and move on.
  • Jealousy is the nastiest, lowest human emotion. No matter what she says about you, trust me, she feels a hundred times worse about herself.
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    OP: think you should post more awesome pics to your FB in response and don't dignify anything she says.

Also, I do think you should leave her toxic garbage where it belongs i.e. with her, and not carry it around in your head for days after the fact. Anytime you catch yourself replaying her garbage, remind yourself that it is her crap and it should stay with her on that particular day, and drop the thoughts/bad feelings *entirely*.

Finally, sidesteal's Dr. Dre quote is fitting and awesome.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Holy smokes! You are HOT as he!! !!

Yes, I think it's jealousy on her part. It's too bad that you overheard what she said about you, but it's fantastic that your friend stuck up for you. Most likely, the other gal was trying to rally somebody to go along with ripping you apart.

Just keep doing what you're doing (looking hot!) and be yourself when you are around her. I wouldn't even acknowledge her nasty remarks about you. You are doing great, you've come a long way, and you certainly don't need her approval/disapproval. Let her marinade in her own jealousy and envy. It will eat her up. And that's HER problem, not yours.

Have a good time!!!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Quite honestly I've dealt with similar things.

People who aren't motivated to succeed often belittle the accomplishments of others.

You're finding success and motivation... don't let anything anyone says ever stop you. You are better than the hatred of a desperate woman.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Women especially can be just awful and jealous about other women and their looks. Its really sad because we should be supporting each other as women.
  • gmpuggles
    gmpuggles Posts: 137 Member
    It certainly sounds like she is jealous of how well you're doing with your weight loss. If I were you, I'd do my best to let it roll off your back and ignore her negative comments.
  • You have made amazing progress, and you look wonderful. She is so JEALOUS. Ignore her, let her choke on her own bile ;)
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Ignore it. She is jealous. And pathetic.

I keep trying to post a good picture - but it's not working. Eff it.

You're awesome. :-) Nuff said.
  • scrmngdsy
    scrmngdsy Posts: 54 Member
    tumblr_ljdat9aVav1qbh85ao1_500.jpg

ahahahahahahahahaha

this is the best. thing. ever.

Anyway, she's obviously jealous that you're successfully losing weight and she can't find the strength to do it.

Keep up the good work.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    It's tacky to show off your progress? And it's what... totally classy to put someone down behind their backs? You look fantastic, and should be so proud of yourself. Put her behind you.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Two words: *kitten* them!

Ignore it, pat yourself on the back, and continue on with the fabulous job you are doing!
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    I wouldn't go down to her level!

She's hating you because you found strength and she hasn't! You are doing something about it, and she can't....

Instead of saying anything I'd just keep going because nothing says F-U like proving everyone wrong! :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Your friend's SIL is jealous of you. Your friend stuck up for you. Let your friend know that you heard her sticking up for you, and you appreciate it. Leave it at that. Be kind to your friend's SIL. Your friend will appreciate not having to get between the drama, especially on her special day.
    You are doing awesomely! Your success may one day inspire her to try herself rather than seethe with jealousy. Until then, you only win by not letting her negativity rub off on you. (Seriously. Nothing is more annoying to a ***** than being ignored! :tongue: )
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 378 Member
    Ask yourself one question: Who am I doing this for?

I know that it hurts when people are mean like that, but realize that in order to be that mean, they have to be very insecure. I have learned to dump people like that. They carry negative energy into your positive field. Batten down the hatches, raise your shields, and rebound their butts off of you. I have little contact with my youngest sister because she is such a negative person that I literally cannot stand being around her. Another one of my sisters may meet the same demise. LOL