Getting bored with my exorcise routine...any suggestions??

Options

my routine consists of stretching, pilates, jogging in place, sit ups, and push ups.. and on occasion i will use a tredmill, or play ddr... IM BORED!!! any suggestions???

Replies

• kitteerae
    Options

my routine consists of stretching, pilates, jogging in place, sit ups, and push ups.. and on occasion i will use a tredmill, or play ddr... IM BORED!!! any suggestions???
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Can you get involved in any group classes? That always keeps me motivated, but is not always possible for everyone..

Another option would be to just get out for walks. Not sure where you live, but even if it is still cold, if you dress for it, it can be a pleasant change of scenery.

If neither of those are possible, I would suggest getting a video of something different. Belly dancing, Zumba dancing, Step aerobics, or Tae Bo might be an interesting change.

Just try new stuff gradually, so you don't get too sore.

Good luck. janie
  • karilynn
    Options
    can you go out for a walk or jog? im doing a learn to run program outside (and i live in canada..brr), it's challenging!! I also just bought the biggest loser workout video today. (for really cold days). I hated exercise, specially walking, but now i look forward to it, put my headphones on, grab the dog, and away we go!! I'm up to 4km, and doing it in a better time every week. the time alone is nice, clears the mind, and get some fresh air!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned Netflix a little while ago.
    They have a good selection of workout dvd's.

I was looking through youtube.com for aerobics videos and I found quite a few.
    Some are short but you should take a look.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Have you ever done any Strength Training?

I've been following Jim Karas's Cardio-Free Diet...The food part is strict and tasteless for the most part so I've been eating according to Weight Watchers but counting calories and limiting myself to 1200 cals for these first two weeks. But the exercise part of the book is a plethora of great info.

While controversial, he maintains that weight loss can only be sustained if a body develops lean muscle mass ... and, in a nutshell, while a body may lose weight initially, what is actually being lost is lean muscle which is a "no-no" especially as you get older. While cardio has its merits, you can achieve 85% of your cardio requirements with circuit training and hopefully the rest of your "life" activities fill in that 15% gap.

It's a good read and makes sense. When you think about it, thats why men usually lose weight faster...most men naturally possess more lean muscle mass than women do. It also dispells the myth of women "bulking" up working with weights...we simply, for the most part, do not have the testosterone levels to achieve that.
  • pilatesgirl
    Options
    You should try dance pilates. Or yoga boody balet....I heard thats alot of fun