Missing cat comes home

Options
I am sooooo happy this morning!! At 5;55am est my 8yr old cat that has been missing for 2 months found his way back home. I heard a loud MEOW at my front door and when I opened it, there he was!! He is skinny and dirty but otherwise seems OK. I have prayed and prayed and this morning my prayers were answered!!

Replies

• alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    YAAAAY! I would have been a wreck for those two months if my little Paul had ran away! :p So happy your cats home. Wouldnt you love to attach a camera to them sometimes and see what they get upto....
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    YAAAAY! I would have been a wreck for those two months if my little Paul had ran away! :p So happy your cats home. Wouldnt you love to attach a camera to them sometimes and see what they get upto....

^^ camera idea :laugh: mine are house cats ... I'm always afraid they would have my sense of direction and would never make it back !:frown:
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    We had a cat return home a few years ago after being gone for 6 weeks...What a happy feeling!:happy: :happy:

Take him/her to vet, they tend to drink pond and river water when lost and can pick up some parasites, etc...
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you. Unbelievable that your cat would be gone so long and then return.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    That's great news!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!! I had one go missing for a week and hearing that meow was the most beautiful thing ever :) pretty sure there was a slow mo movie moment of us running to each other across the parking lot of my condo :)

Welcome home cat!!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Aw that is sooo great!!

My poor moggy is poorly at the moment and I'm struggling to get her to eat anyhting. She's had a few bits of turkey, but that's it. :cry:

I hope your cat is back to full health soon, and mine too :heart:
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    How lovely!! :flowerforyou:
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awww, so pleased for you! I would be distraught if either of my two wandered off!!

To come back after so long.....clever, clever kittie :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    So pleased for both you and your cat. I bet he / she will stay near to home for a while :smile:
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    awww.. thats great! =) x
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I realise I don't know you (and didn't even know your cat was missing) but owning 3 cats of my own I know how it is when they go missing. I can't even imagine how over the moon you must be! So glad your cat si back x
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My big boy Buddy did the same thing. Disappeared at 15 pounds in the middle of a snowstorm...came back 12 pounds 2 weeks later. We were sure he was dead. 2 feet of snow, freezing, no mice or anything to find....
    Then he knocked on the door one night and ran to his food dish. I cried! :)

I am so glad your kitty is ok!
    Buddy had no ill effects, and he is WAY more affectionate ever since. I think he missed us....
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so pleased for you!! :)

My cat went missing a year ago but sadly never came home :( It's always nice to hear about a story that ended well!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love a happy ending!
    Take him/her to vet, they tend to drink pond and river water when lost and can pick up some parasites, etc...

I second this. Good idea to get a poop sample checked.

On a related note, when I worked at a shelter, we kept missing pets on our lost and found list for three months, then removed them. We would check our lost and found against the newspaper listings and every pet who came into the shelter, as well as call the owners every few weeks to see if they had found the pet. One family lost their ... it was a toy breed, maybe a Shih Tzu? ... and called every few days, and stopped in the shelter just to double check that he hadn't been brought in once a week.

Five months later, they'd given up, and decided to adopt another dog. They came in and... their dog had JUST been brought in the day before. :heart:

Such a happy reunion... and he went home with them with a brand new microchip in place. :happy:
  • Ray50296
    Ray50296 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    So happy you found each other again! 'smiles' :happy:
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What a great story! So glad he came back to you.

Reminds me of my Charlie-cat. A couple years ago he disappeared. He was 13 or so (not sure of exact age, he was a "drop off" we adopted) and was gone for a while. We figured he went off to die somewhere. SIX MONTHS later, my mom came home from the store and said she swore she saw a picture of Charlie in the window. We took a drive over and sure enough, someone had found our Charlie-cat and was trying to find his owner. Since this lovely lady's house is a good 10 miles out of town, having to cross a river, etc. I'm sure our Charlie was snooping in someone's garage & they trapped him and took him up to the preserve and let him go.

Our Charlie is still with us, pushing 16 years old now. We don't expect him to be with us much longer :( He's used up all 9 of his lives and probably has a couple he's borrowed. I am thankful for the time we've had with him.

Enjoy your kitty!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm so happy for you!! Pets are such a big part of the family I'm so glad yours came home!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh that's excellent news! Two of my three miscreants are in my profile picture.

I second the suggestion to get kitty checked out by the vet. Also *highly* recommend a microchip if not already done.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo incredibly happy for you! I have 3 indoor cats and I would just be crushed if any of them got out and didn't return home. My oldest got out once and was gone for hours and I FREAKED OUT...I couldn't imagine 2 months. Take her to the vet to make sure she is okay. :flowerforyou: