Please critique my food

Options
alleycat88
alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
Okay so I have been doing MFP off and on since I started, but the last few days i have been very accurate, logging EVERYTHING. Please go in to my diary and have a look and give me some feedback. Lunch is basically the same every day and has been for the last few weeks, yet my weightloss has stayed the same. I upped my cardio this week doing a minimum of 40 minutes a day. previously only 20-30 mintues after strength training

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/alleycat88

Replies

• NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I dunno... Keep changing your cardio... Spend more time at it, maybe? It looks like you are eating like a bird. I'd be insane with hunger!
  • alleycat88
    Options
    BELIEVE me, I love food, and it's been hard. I havent been in a cooking mood so keeping it simple and easy. went to the store yesterday and loaded up on supplies.

today I'm having my cheat meal of the week. some chicken tikka masala. nom
  • alleycat88
    Options
    bump.jpg
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    How long has your weight been the same?
  • alleycat88
    Options
    Going on 3 weeks. Have steadily improved my diet (cutting out sugary drinks, alcohol, etc) since the beginning of May.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Going on 3 weeks. Have steadily improved my diet (cutting out sugary drinks, alcohol, etc) since the beginning of May.

I wouldn't panic about stalling out quite yet, given that this isn't a very big time frame.
  • alleycat88
    Options
    Not panicking yet either, just a little miffed, since I am young and my activity level has gone way upa s well as my significant improvement diet wise.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would suggest lower sodium foods, more veggies (broccoli, sweet potato, green beans etc) :) maybe some green smoothies, it's my excuse for everything since they give so much energy and nutrients, - http://www.vega-licious.com/category/vegan-recipes/green-smoothies/ , I love em, or I have base recipe here- http://girlwholovestheworld.blogspot.com/2012/01/awesome-green-smoothie.html , Hope this helps :)
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would say add some protein. Actually, not just some, but significantly more. Throw in a couple of egg whites a day (like 3) and you should be good. The egg whites are VERY low in calories. They are almost totally protein.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Your fat is too low. You should have a minimum of .45g\lb of lean body mass. More is fine. Fat is not the devil and in fact needs to be eaten to lose fat. Last time I did my macros I was at 180lbs and mine are 200p 100c 89f

Also your total intake seems low although I don't really know what you maintenance level is.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Avacado and nuts!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    I would suggest lower sodium foods, more veggies (broccoli, sweet potato, green beans etc) :) maybe some green smoothies, it's my excuse for everything since they give so much energy and nutrients, - http://www.vega-licious.com/category/vegan-recipes/green-smoothies/ , I love em, or I have base recipe here- http://girlwholovestheworld.blogspot.com/2012/01/awesome-green-smoothie.html , Hope this helps :)

Banana, kale, and berries make such a divine green smoothie! I've found banana eliminates the taste of kale and mango smoothens out the taste.
  • alleycat88
    Options
    I looked over my diary and realized how much the smoked salmon at lunch is adding to my sodium. 1400mg just in that! so I'm gonna cut that out, and eat an avocado instead for healthy fats.

That will be step one and maybe that will help. thanks guys.

Maintenance for me is around 1756cal/day.
  • leelavic
    leelavic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am not a nutrionalist, but since you have asked for input :)

- More protein at breakfast/eat more at breakfast! ie. Shake with veg/fruit, eggs, oatmeal, yogurt etc.
    - And I think you are undereating?? 900 calroies? Is that common?
    - Add some good fats (avocado/nuts); replace pasta at lunch with quinoa? You're food seems fine though, other than not enough!

And that bf is a douch - sorry!
    Good luck, stay motivated!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more. your only 140lbs too, as you get closer to goal you have to eat more than a bigger person. Your definitely eating to little... p.s dump that bf.... lol. Hope your not eating so little because of his comments, x
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your workouts are not the problem. You're not eating enough food......
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you're under 1200 calories a day?

You need to eat more. Period. Try that first.

Okay so I have been doing MFP off and on since I started, but the last few days i have been very accurate, logging EVERYTHING. Please go in to my diary and have a look and give me some feedback. Lunch is basically the same every day and has been for the last few weeks, yet my weightloss has stayed the same. I upped my cardio this week doing a minimum of 40 minutes a day. previously only 20-30 mintues after strength training

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/alleycat88
  • El_getting_fit
    Options
    I would second the opinion to add more protein. My diet used to be similar to yours and I stopped losing weight after a while, then my trainer/nutrionist told me to cut down on carbs/sugar for breakfast (even though they were healthy fruits & whole grains) and try a higher protein breakfast. I now make scrambled eggs & spinach, or protein pancakes (loads of recipes online).

Good Luck, it looks like you're doing great. :-)
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'll try to help with my fav breakfast:

1 slice of toasted wheat bread with panela cheese (or any low fat cheese0 , half a tablespoon of olive oil mayo and avocado. taste great.

1 corn tortilla filled with 1 turkey ham and white egg and some salsa, half spoon of olive oil mayo, taste nice.

I am not really into having 'fruit' for breakfast, i don;t think its enough for the body and for me, it makes me very hungry so it's a pain. I eat fruit if i do, as snacks.

Lunches: Tuna with tomato and onion, or even some corn, mayo, and some crackers or a tortilla shell, low cals although tuna have sodium too. Chicken breast with vegetables or rice, salmon I eat the same as chicken breast.

One of my favs is one day of the week some pasta with tomato sauce and a minced chcken leg, sound like 'what/ pasta with chicken?' it taste very good really.

Foods I love: Avocado, bread :).
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel you are not eating enough.

Eating below 1200 calories and not eating back any of your exercise calories - so basically if you are eating 1100 calories and then burning 400 of those for exercise your net amount is only 700 calories of food - then your day to day calorie burn for just being alive it more than the 700 left.

I would suggest upping your calories or eat your exercise calories back - try upping if only by 200 calories at a time and give it 2 weeks for your body to become adjusted to the change.

Good luck to you.