Rewarding Weight Loss (Bribery)

I was struggling to get back into any kind of diet routine, after losing 16 pounds in 3 months with a gym programme last year then I left the gym, the diet crept back into the 'bad' kind and I kept putting off doing anything about it until suddenly the lovely clothes I'd bought in the smaller sizes weren't fitting anymore and I was getting back into my 'fat' clothes.

Well I went mad shopping in the summer sales a week or so ago and bought myself some beautiful shoes, jewellery, sunglasses etc. Then I thought what if I don't allow myself to have all these lovely things now until I get my *kitten* back in gear and start losing weight. Well if anyone knows me, standing between me and a pair of new sexy shoes is a dangerous thing to do! so I ordered Slim in 6, got back on the diet and am now 2 pounds away from getting my grubby little mitts on one of those pairs of shoes and I can't wait!

I figured something attainable to keep me on track so for every 5lbs I lose, I can go round to my sisters and dip into the big bag holding everything and take one item home! She's going to be guarding this bag with her life so there is zero chance of letting me have everything I want before hitting my goal but it's working.

Sometimes I find that all the more sensible reasons for weight loss such as being more healthy, being able to wear smaller clothes, looking good etc etc is all well and good but simply doesn't cut it but good old fashioned bribery works a treat especially when you're desperate to get your hands on a pair of buttery soft grey suede peeptoe stilleto snakeskin heel shoes :-) Well it works for me anyway!

Now I just have to figure out what can be my full target 'reward'!!! I'm thinking Jimmy Choo...

Replies

• datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    So far I have been rewarding myself with manicures since I have always wanted to have nice nails but felt it was too frivilous to spend money on it before when I could be paying down my bills etc. Now I make sure to look after me too.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    So far I have been rewarding myself with manicures since I have always wanted to have nice nails but felt it was too frivilous to spend money on it before when I could be paying down my bills etc. Now I make sure to look after me too.

Same here. I reward with Mani/Pedis from the nice salon down the street. When I hit 199, I am rewarding myself with a fit bit. I think rewards (none food related) can be a great way to keep up the motivation.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    I reward myself little and often, usually something make up related.
    When I hit my ultimate goal i'm getting a whole new wardrobe including shoes!