• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
• Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, carrots, snow peas, yellow pepper, basil and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
• In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and salt until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Drain pasta; divide among four plates. Top with vegetable mixture; sprinkle with cheese.

• Yield: 4 servings. Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 cups) equals 333 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.

Replies

• chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Looks wonderful for an occasional treat! At 714 mg sodium tho, I couldn't use this on a regular basis as that's half my daily sodium right there. I guess I could replace the broth with water or omit the 1/4 tsp of salt? Maybe add onion and garlic to replace some of the flavor lost by downing the sodium? Have you tried that?
  • deanotoot
    deanotoot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good!:smile:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I havent tried it yet but I plan on making it this weekend You can always use low sodium broth too or a home made broth and then this way you can manage the salt you put in
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!