Small NSV for today

Options
BABetter1
BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
I work in a warehouse. And, it gets hot in the summertime. So a few years ago, the company started buying shorts with the company logo embroidered on them for those of us in management. The first year, I got size 12. The next year, I needed a size 14 and was too embarrassed to order them. Last year, I went ahead and ordered the 14. This year, they didn't fit. Once again, I was humiliated.

I started my weight loss journey in early May. At first, all I did was reduce soda pop intake and try to stop having seconds at meals all the time. Then, towards the end of May, I decided to cut soda out altogether. I quickly noticed that my size 16 clothes (which barely fitting only because they were stretched out, I really needed size 18) weren't as tight. I joined MFP around that time as well and downloaded the smartphone app to help me keep up with tracking calories. I love it. And, I bought a Fitbit Ultra a few weeks after that to help me better assess my activity levels at work.

Now, my size 16 clothes are so baggy it's pitiful. I have a few size 14 items that I alternate with the baggy stuff. Today, I thought, "I'm going to wear those shorts to work today. They should fit me now, and I know they'll be too big for me to wear next year. Better get some use out of them." I put them on, and they are almost too big for me now! They are very loose. I'm going to wear them anyway. I'm so used to having the problem of clothes being too tight, it's really nice to have the opposite problem for a change. :bigsmile:

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is awesome!
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    So happy for you! You're doing great and looking great too!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work and you will be to your goal before you know it. Awesome!!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a small NSV--that's a big deal and you have a right to be proud! Congratulations :smile:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That's not a small NSV - that is an AMAZING NSV! Fantastic! Just a little hardwork and dedication can get you so far! Thanks for sharing! Best of luck as you continue your journey! You should be so proud of yourself!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV! !
  • LEEAMCC
    LEEAMCC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thats' great!! Congrats! I sure love me some succes stories :)
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What a great problem to have - clothes that fall off. Congratulations!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I'm so stoked. I've done the short term diets in the past where I lost a lot of weight to start with in a fairly short amount of time, and then couldn't sustain the ridiculous plan I was following (usually too few calories and too much exercise). I never kept at it for more than a month or two. And, I always gained it all back and then some. This time, I've been at it going on 90 days, doing it the right way with a healthy amount of calories, drinking lots of water, and getting more active. And, I can see myself continuing this lifestyle, and getting even more active in time. I know eventually I am going to not only reach my goal weight, but I'll set new fitness goals too. I'm seriously considering starting the C25K tonight on the treadmill. When I complete it on the treadmill. I'm going to start over doing it outdoors. By then, the weather should be cooler here.

These little victories/milestones have been so motivational for me. And, coming here and reading the success stories of others has been inspirational as well. Thanks so much.
  • ladyjanewriter
    ladyjanewriter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hurray!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!