GOOD news....BAD news

Options
Lost 10 more lbs since april, but body fat increased by 0.2% to 20.6%. Apparently most of the weight I lost was muscle...That ain't good! Thankfully, the housing I am moving to and has a gym with weight lifting equipment. While I was shocked at my Bod Pod results, I now realize I shouldn't be. I knew there was going to be a time for me to start doing more strength training, guess that time is now. I had been really concentrating on diet and cardio, but really I have done very little of any type of exercise in the past month while getting ready for this move and selling my treadmill. Guess it is time to change my routine... What do you think?

Replies

• allirep
    allirep Posts: 26
    Options
    You don't have to have a gym to start strength training There are millions of body weight routines on the internets!

Here is a decent one: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/12/20/the-20-minute-hotel-workout/

If that isn't difficult enough - that is only one of many :) Best of luck!
  • Rennae9
    Rennae9 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well I know you will here this not only from me. I started lifting dumbbells at home 2 months ago and what a HUGE difference it has made. I need to post some pics. I have a lot of muscle definition already. I do cardio 5 or 6 days a week at least 30 minutes and lift heavy 3 days a week.

I would encourage you to lift weights for sure. Good luck in your journey!