NSV... I dont like the term weight loss

Options
Hi everybody,
Ok after almost 2.5 pounds gone this week & being a girl who is 5'1" and topped the scales at almost 200 pounds at one, time,this may sound strange.But I realized I dont like calling it losing weight... Yes weight loss is a good thing!! ( I am currently 139)
But it occured to me this morning that to lose something is usually not a good thing, it happens by accident, your car keys, your favorite pair of earings,your favorite shirt, kids favorite toy that makes too much noise (ok maybe that one isnt lost, its in hidding) anyways when you lose something you generally miss it, it happened by accident.

My weight loss was NO ACCIDENT & I SURE DONT MISS MY THUNDER THIGHS RUBBING TOGETHER!
I dont miss the circulation being cut off to my lowere extremities because I refused to buy another size larger pants. I dont miss doing the contortionist act to get into that size too small pants either. I dont miss feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.
I dont miss the out of control feeling.:noway:

I Think It needs to be called something more substantial than weight loss...:glasses:
Vaporizing Fat, Irradicating cellulite, abolishing the muffin top, dematerializing the double chin,discarding the dough boy belly, Blasting the blubber!
Im not sure what the "right" termonology should be, But really Its not Lost weight, I didnt misplace it, I dont want to find it!
I worked hard to remove the unsightly stuff, & I feel so much better for it!!!:bigsmile:

So what do you think? >>> (... this woman is crazy, why does anyone give her access to a computer?)

Have a great Friday & a super weekend!

Replies

• Sassybecky
    Sassybecky Posts: 72
    Options
    I've heard other people say "getting rid of the weight" instead of "losing weight" because they sure as ^%$# don't want to find it again.
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I totally get it, I feel the same way. When people ask me how much weight I've lost. I say "I got rid of 55lbs, it's gone". I did not lose weight, I'm sure not going to go back and find it again, it's gone! Lol
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Exactly Ladies! & congrats on your new & improved weight!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    "Getting rid of the weight"

:heart: it!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Amy this is why I love you! LOL Great post! I'm not planning on finding mine again ever! I will now be calling it fat vaporizing, thanks to you! Have a great day! You have been doing amazing and will continue to do amazing! :bigsmile: :drinker: :heart:
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Im partial to fat vaporizing myself!:bigsmile:
    you are doing awesome as well girl! Keep it up Its a Journey not a destination :happy: :drinker:
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I like to say Ive released those pounds
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    agreed .... what's gone I don't want back unless its to grab some more for company to take away forever