Sometimes you just got to vent

Options
Okay, worse day of eating for me in the last 18 weeks.....and why, you ask , could make me do such a horrible thing? STRESS. How can something that is totally unrelated to my stomach do so much damage! I know its not the end of the world but the really crappy thing is; NOW I FEEL SICK. My stomach is turning ( the peanutbutter cookie) the roof of my mouth has a slimmy film over it (from the mcdonalds french fries) but alas, I could still go out and get a damn cheese burger with chili cheese fries with a chocolate shake. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyone else get like this?

Replies

• blueskiessmiling
    Options
    Totally! And it doesn't help when your significant other loves all the worst foods and completely "aids" you in eating unhealthy because they want to have it too!
    The good thing is, tomorrow is a totally new day and you just have to write off today and think how much better you can make tomorrow!
    I've just started a 'biggest loser' competition with friends from work and I'm on day two, so I know I'm more optimistic than I might be a couple months in. But truly, one day will not ruin everything, right? Remember that and just don't make it a habit!
    And in terms of feeling ill- get some fresh air, even if it's just a walk around the block. That always works for me. Feel better!! :smile:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I had Sonic (fast food, for those north of the Mason Dixon line!) last weekend because I was on a trip with my band and that's where they wanted to eat. I worked at a Sonic for years when I was in HS and college. I LOVE Sonic. The whole rest of the bus ride back home (3 hours!) my stomach was rolling, and I felt gross. I did it because I had "calories to burn," I was there, and I've been so good for so long. Unfortunately now my system seems to rebel against all the grease.:sick: I know just how you're feeling!

Tomorrow's a new day. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and start over tomorrow!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm totally the same way. Mine was a week of stress that turned into 3 pounds. And I feel the same way about physically being ill after eating crappy food. I've been "back" eating healthy for 2 days now and have drank 12 cups of water each day - I'm starting to feel cleansed again.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Stress eating is what helped me gain weight in the first place. You are totally not alone. Don't beat yourself up and move on. Venting allowed, though:smile:
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I have the exact same problem:grumble: If I have a really lousy day at work, the first thing I want to do after I get home is order up my favorite pizza, plop down on the couch and proceed to mow down the whole thing:devil: While it makes me feel better at the time, I feel like complete crap the next day and my body hates me for it.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    But 58 lb lost? WOW!!! That's awesome. So the worst day in 18 weeks and you are way ahead of the game. You are doing great. Keep it up!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys BTW, I don't recommend remodeling your house while dieting....:laugh: