(boobs)...not sure if this has been discussed or not

Options
I have been on this website since 7/6/09 and have lost 34 pounds.:smile: My problem is, now I have the boobs of an 80 year old:sad: My doctor told me that excercise won't help them. I have had two children and I am only 36 years old. I went from a DD to a C but probably am a B cup now. I am so self conscious about them now. Anyone have any advice or tips? I told my husband I want new ones for Christmas...LOL...I don't think he'll deliver...HA!

FYI...I joined in May but did nothing until July...LOL

Replies

• faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I lost my boobs too. At least you still have SOME> I could wear an A cup. LOL, but I'd rather be 50 lbs lighter like I am then fat and unhealthy with bigger boobs (they were never that big to begin with). I also asked my hubby for new ones-he SAID I can have them after I lose all my excess wait-65 lbs more to go! And I think exercise (especially lifting weights) DOES help. I haev noticed my boobs are more tone and a little higher actually...but like I said....small boobs to start with AND I'm 10 years younger. I'd say get your whole body how you want it THEN buy the boobs! LOL That's my game plan. It's not fair-guys don't lose inches you know where when they lose weight.
  • narsissisa
    Options
    Your doctor is pretty much right. There is no muscle in your boobs, so exercising in any way isn't going to "tone" them. But hopefully your husband will deliver when you reach your full goal. Wouldn't do it till then. I know I will have a similar problem when I get to goal weight. I need to lose 147 pounds total, so I will be in the same boat.

Best of Luck!!!!!
  • annatildy
    annatildy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girl - I understand. I have the same problem. My best advice is to get a professional bra fitting (at Nordstrom's or Dillard's or such). You really won't believe what a difference it makes getting the correct size and fit for the size you are now! It really did make a huge difference for me.

Yes, I realize this only helps when you are clothed. But looking better in your clothes makes you feel better even without them. I do feel self-conscious and sorry for my husband having parts of his wife look 80 years old - but he enjoys the other benefits of me being thinner, and it comes as a package deal, right?!

Good luck to you.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only woman who looks forward to having small, perky boobs after this is all over...of course that's going to require a major lift, but I'd take a B over a DD any day. :smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only woman who looks forward to having small, perky boobs after this is all over...of course that's going to require a major lift, but I'd take a B over a DD any day. :smile:

I am looking forward to a smaller bra size but perky will not ever be in the vocabulary after losing weight. I had a woman that worked for me and she once said that she went from a 42DD to a 34 Long :laugh: :laugh: But she said she wouldn't trade her new found health for bra size ever again. There's more to me than my boobs and thankfully I am with a man that will roll with the punches no matter how devastating they might be :wink: :love:
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have always had large breasts since I was in 5th grade with a C cup. Now I am a Double D if I lose my boobs I will be devastated! I will for sure be getting a lift and maybe implants! I will wait though until I am done with having children! A good bra until then. I am sorry it may be vain but I love my boobs!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I feel your pain...

I've lost a total of almost 70 lbs (from my heaviest in pregnancy) and have gone from a 36F to a 34D, and they have lost some "volume" - but they are still okay - not sure what the last 10 lbs will do it them though!

I personally think that if it bothers you, and you can afford it, I would do it!! It will make a world of difference.

One "test" you can do is, stand sideways in the mirror, topless, and look at where your nipple is placed. If it is above the crease, you are still perky, if is it even with the crease, you are still okay, and if the nipple is below the crease, you are a candidate for a lift.
    :smile:
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    wait a minute...wouldn't doing some strength training to build up chest muscles help lift them even a tiny bit??
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well, I am with you all on this. My boobs are gone and not even an A cup anymore and reminds you of raisens with them tiny and all the skin just there. Depressing thought. Don't even think that implants would help mine; sad thing now. :ohwell: :embarassed: :tongue:
    God Bless, Brenda
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    wait a minute...wouldn't doing some strength training to build up chest muscles help lift them even a tiny bit??

chest exercises will help build up the underlying muscle but the actual breast tissue is made up mostly of fat so once you lose weight you will lose volume and the only thing to do about that is either live with it or decide if a lift or implants is the right choice for you.

I will admit I have thought of this on several occasions because I have always been lucky in the boob department but I will just have to wait until I am near my goal weight and give it a year once there to decide the best choice for me. Implants are on my no list right now but a masopexty (or something like that) is considerable. This is basically a tummy tuck for your boobs and they try to use your own tissue, if there is enough, to rebuild your breasts. :embarassed: I guess we will all have to decide if that is even something we care about when we are healthier! :flowerforyou:
  • katejones79
    katejones79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am not really into implants myself, although there may come a day for a lift! I agree with the suggestion of having a good bra-fitting, and then spend the money on a few GREAT bras... it makes a world of difference in the way that you fit in your clothes. At my heaviest i was about a 38DDD and now I am about a 32C. I figure if my whole body is thinner then my boobs will be proportionate.
  • kmurph37
    Options
    Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone. I definately need a lift!! I don't mind the cup size I'm at, at all, it's the droopiness that makes me so self conscious when undressed. I am at my goal weight, actually below it, so if I can maintain it, I am definately looking into some sort of lift!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options
    Boobs are an unfortunate side effect of losing the weight. I've always been large breasted, I'm actually enjoying the smaller ones, just wish they weren't, as you described, 80 year old boobs.

Mine really bothered me at first when I lost the weight. I think now I try not to dwell on it. I did buy some good bras that fit, so when I'm dressed I feel great.

I won't lie, I've thought about a lift, researched it, just never gone for the consult. I'm not sure it's in our budget right now to pay for better boobs. I still have a few pounds to go, once I'm at goal for a while I may look into it. I just turned 37, maybe for my 40th birthday.

I do strength train, I can see the muscles in my chest, I can flex them, sorry, it doesn't help the boob situation. I figure if I ever do go for a lift though there will be good muscle in there for them to work with!

Plus, if I get a lift I want a tummy tuck too! LOL