I think I've become addicted to Jillian Michaels...

Options
13»

Replies

• jasonthekidd
    Options
    Well, since we have all female replies....I'll throw my man review in.
    I have never liked Jillian Michaels. She is very fake to me and makes weird faces that I don't like. Her attitude sucks too!

Keep reading...

Now, with that being said. I have utmost respect for her. I include 6week 6pack into my daily routine every day. Sometimes twice a day. I absolutely love it and can recite the entire workout word for word.
    I'm very tempted to get some other Jillian videos. I'll be the first to admit that 6week6pack is tough! Like dripping sweat tough. Then again you get out what you put into it. I follow the advanced version of the workout and try to outpace the girls on the video whenever I can. I use a 10lb weight for all standing exercises and a 5lb weight for the get-ups, etc...

Oh yah, on her other videos, does she only do half the exercises? It really bothers me that she doesn't even work as hard as you/me or the other girls on the video but acts exhausted at the end like she actually did something. LOL
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is redundant, but what does the J.M Shred involve?
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    LOVE Jillian! I have all of her DVD's, but my newest is Body revolution. I am finishing week 2 of phase 1 and I love it! Really starting to see a difference in my body, and it's only 30 minutes! Also love that the cast is a good mix of guys and gals. My hubby is doing the workouts with me and I think that makes it easier for him :wink:
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1, Day 3 of 30DS! I stinkin' love it, despite how much I hate her the 2nd circuit in;-) My least favorite stuff is the cardio actually but today the jumping jacks were a lot easier. I'm already feeling muscles in my arms I didn't know I had! I'm scared of Level 2 so I will probably spend 2 weeks on Level 1...will probably do 5 days a week vs all 7.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Love Jillian! I'm on day 20 of the 30 Day Shred and seeing some amazing results. I'm torn on which of her DVD's to try next. Any suggestions, guys?

Would definitely recommend Ripped in 30, followed by Killer Buns & Thighs and then 6 week 6 pack! That should keep you busy and challenged for a while ! :smile:
  • cestlafete
    cestlafete Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I really have to concur. I started the 30DS in late February. I did each level for at least 2 weeks. After no change in the scale for 3 months prior, I finally saw movement in the right direction. Lost 7 pounds doing level 1. When I finished level 3, I started over, sometimes doing two sessions a day. Several times I did all three levels in one day, I liked it so much. I bought a couple more of her videos and I just finished doing week 4 (for 10 days) of the Ripped in 30 workout.

I really have been meaning to post some after photos, I did take some before pics. I went back to the 30 day shred, this week, but it doesn't seem like enough now. I'm going to try the 6 Week 6 pack next.

Even though she's always saying, "let's go ladies," and things like that, I love the workouts. Good calorie burn for the short amount of time. I love Jillian!

*edit* Can I keep my man card? I know I'm not the only guy out there doing Jillian.

I am SO glad to find this post! One more in the 'dudes doing Jillian' pool.

Wait. Maybe we should change that verb.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I really have to concur. I started the 30DS in late February. I did each level for at least 2 weeks. After no change in the scale for 3 months prior, I finally saw movement in the right direction. Lost 7 pounds doing level 1. When I finished level 3, I started over, sometimes doing two sessions a day. Several times I did all three levels in one day, I liked it so much. I bought a couple more of her videos and I just finished doing week 4 (for 10 days) of the Ripped in 30 workout.

I really have been meaning to post some after photos, I did take some before pics. I went back to the 30 day shred, this week, but it doesn't seem like enough now. I'm going to try the 6 Week 6 pack next.

Even though she's always saying, "let's go ladies," and things like that, I love the workouts. Good calorie burn for the short amount of time. I love Jillian!

*edit* Can I keep my man card? I know I'm not the only guy out there doing Jillian.

"Man card"....You've lost 105 lbs....you can keep whatever card you want.....and be proud of what you found that worked for you!!!...beside....Jillian has been know to kick a lot of "man butts" on Biggest Loser! LOL
  • DietPep1978
    DietPep1978 Posts: 202
    Options

Congrats on your success! And for doing all those Jillian workouts! You can keep your man card. LOL. I asked my hubby to do 30 day shred with me. I think he was expecting a fluffy workout but we were both sweating up a storm after! He's hooked too!
  • Jackie_Paper
    Jackie_Paper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I got my copy on amazon.com for $8
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    She is the meanest girl ever. So mean. Have you TRIED those "crow push-ups"??? Have some mercy woman! I also get aggrivated that she doesn't do half of the excersizes- I would like to see her cry and suffer like the rest of us (wait, you guy's cry too, right?).

That said, I now have a six pack, toned arms and thighs that no longer touch. For that, she gets to stay on my Christmas card list. :flowerforyou:
  • naecarter
    naecarter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Body Revolution program. I'm about to start the second week of phase 2. I am astonished at the strength I've gained in a mere 37 days! I've lost 8.75 inches throughout my body...In phase 1! I can hardly wait to see what phase 2 and 3 are going to bring!

Is it expensive? It is pricey. BUT...the tools she gives you to succeed are PRICELESS! In my opinion, it is well worth the money!

Her book Master Your Metabolism is very insightful.

She guarantees results...she doesn't feed you b.s. I am a definitely a big fan of hers!
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    Here's to "Let's take this in!" versus "We need to let this out"!!!! WTG!

That's what I'm thinking! I hope it's what actually happens! So excited there are so many other Jillian addicts out there! Keep it up, everyone!
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    almost done with 30ds...its pretty awesome I have lost many inches well just 5 pounds but honestly haven't ate good this week but am real focused on workouts and feel so much better!

Oh I already bought 3 more DVD so ready to go with a new one when done and still will do 30ds but looking forward to doing something else for a change!
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    haha me too :) Jillian is amazing :). Not a bad addiction if you ask me.
    Keep up the good work!
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    bump for next JM video purchase!
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love Jillian! I'm on day 20 of the 30 Day Shred and seeing some amazing results. I'm torn on which of her DVD's to try next. Any suggestions, guys?

Would definitely recommend Ripped in 30, followed by Killer Buns & Thighs and then 6 week 6 pack! That should keep you busy and challenged for a while ! :smile:

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I've read some of the posts about RI30 and it sounds challenging, but I'm totally up for it. :happy:
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    Jillian SCARES me. If I don't do what she says I swear she is going to come out of the TV and kick my butt. I just did her How To Win By Losing: Shape-Up Backside. This one was short and intense and I was ready to cry during planking. Hilarious though. :P
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well, since we have all female replies....I'll throw my man review in.
    I have never liked Jillian Michaels. She is very fake to me and makes weird faces that I don't like. Her attitude sucks too!

Keep reading...

Now, with that being said. I have utmost respect for her. I include 6week 6pack into my daily routine every day. Sometimes twice a day. I absolutely love it and can recite the entire workout word for word.
    I'm very tempted to get some other Jillian videos. I'll be the first to admit that 6week6pack is tough! Like dripping sweat tough. Then again you get out what you put into it. I follow the advanced version of the workout and try to outpace the girls on the video whenever I can. I use a 10lb weight for all standing exercises and a 5lb weight for the get-ups, etc...

Oh yah, on her other videos, does she only do half the exercises? It really bothers me that she doesn't even work as hard as you/me or the other girls on the video but acts exhausted at the end like she actually did something. LOL

Yep...she only does half the workout in the 30 Day Shred! Then she acts like it's way too tough for her to do. But I still like the workout.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Jillian is amazing, I only just found out about her but now have two of her DVD's and seem to spend hours on Youtube watching old Biggest Loser episodes and anything she's been in. Love her kick *kitten* attitude, what I'd give to train with her for a few hours!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!