Friggen weather!!

Options
I am pissed!! I was just really getting into couch to 5k and the weather dropped from the low 70's to the mid 40's in no less than 5 days of rain!!! I can't run outside in low 40's yet!! Its way too much of a shock to my body to drop that fast and my asthma is having none of it.

I started running outside because I HATE treadmills. My knees have a hard enough time outside on paths, treadmills are like murder. I don't want to have to start going to the gym again this early in the year I thought I'd at least make it to November!!

Sorry, I just needed to rant because I'm sad. :(

Stupid Minnesota...

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I started training for a 1/2 marathon in January in Pennsylvania a few years ago (temps in the teens and sometimes below). Cover your mouth for easier breathing in colder temps. You can do it!!! :drinker:
  • stephcheers
    Options

Stupid Minnesota...

Yes it really is annoying....the crappy weather here. Hang in there on the running. If you can find someone to run with (which is not always very easy, no matter what the weather) it makes it at least something to endure together.

I've decided to just go to the gym and also hit the tanning bed. I know in the end I'll feel better, even though I would prefer a nice long run with the sun shining and about 70 degree temps. :tongue:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    If it had been a gradual decline I'd probably still be fine, its just the 25 - 30 degree drop has my lungs in bad shape. The good news is its actually mid 50's today so I'll be heading out!!