What's Up With People Yelling Out Of Car Windows?

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
My first non exercise post, but I just have to vent a little.

As a lifelong pedestrian, I've come to expect people in cars yelling things as they drive by, especially when the weather is warm enough for people to drive with their windows down. Yesterday, as I was walking home from work, some guy in a car just screamed randomly as he rode by me.

It's nothing new. Over the years, I've had guys yell things from compliments, to swear words, to random screams, and a couple of times, racial slurs. it always makes me wonder what compels adults to bother someone who's just walking down the street minding their own business? Seriously, what kind of mindset is that? I know cowardice is a part of it. It's easy to pick on someone when they're on foot and your going past at 30-40 mph. I don't understand the rest though. I mean, grow the heck up.

And it's always guys. I'm not saying that girls don't do it, because I'm sure they do. But in my case, it's always males.

It doesn't make me go home and curl up in a bll to cry or anything, but it's EXTREMELY irritating and makes me wish for the power of telekinesis so that I can hurl something at them with the power of my mind. I may be a quiet person, but I come up with some pretty violent vengeance scenarios in my head. :)

Replies

• ChcolateLady11
    Options
    My first non exercise post, but I just have to vent a little.

As a lifelong pedestrian, I've come to expect people in cars yelling things as they drive by, especially when the weather is warm enough for people to drive with their windows down. Yesterday, as I was walking home from work, some guy in a car just screamed randomly as he rode by me.

It's nothing new. Over the years, I've had guys yell things from compliments, to swear words, to random screams, and a couple of times, racial slurs. it always makes me wonder what compels adults to bother someone who's just walking down the street minding their own business? Seriously, what kind of mindset is that? I know cowardice is a part of it. It's easy to pick on someone when they're on foot and your going past at 30-40 mph. I don't understand the rest though. I mean, grow the heck up.

And it's always guys. I'm not saying that girls don't do it, because I'm sure they do. But in my case, it's always males.

It doesn't make me go home and curl up in a bll to cry or anything, but it's EXTREMELY irritating and makes me wish for the power of telekinesis so that I can hurl something at them with the power of my mind. I may be a quiet person, but I come up with some pretty violent vengeance scenarios in my head. :)

I know how you feel. but I feel even worse for the women who cause accidents.....lol