Favorite sandwich bread?

Options

Replies

• souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like the fiber one bread in multigrain or wheat. 50 calories a slice. It's a smallish slice compared to most multigrain bread, but it's definitely enough for a sandwich.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Hemp Bread or Ezekial sprouted grain bread!!!
  • jessjpjb
    jessjpjb Posts: 38
    Options
    sandwich thins or weight watchers whole wheat is what i use
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the whole post, but know that the Whole Wheat bread that I eat is 50 cals per slice. And the whole family enjoys it.

Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat

100 calories for 2 slices... not too shabby
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    My favorite is Safeway's Eating Right Round Multi-grain Sandwich Slenders. They have 100 calories for the entire roll. They even have a few sunflower seeds. They are especially good toasted a little. Orowheat also makes them, but I think the Safeway brand tastes much better.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Definately Healthy Life 35 cal whole wheat bread! It's soft, doesn't have a weird taste and is good. They also make a white bread, hamburger buns and hotdog (gag, lol) buns.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Mini Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread
    Joseph’s provides you with a healthy, reduced carb, high protein pita bread with no cholesterol containing three healthy ingredients, Oat Bran, Whole Wheat and Plant Sterols. Plant Sterols are a natural nutrient present in small quantities in many fruits, vegetables and grains. F.D.A Guidelines state that Plant Sterols, eaten twice a day with meals for 0.8g daily total, may reduce heart disease risk in a diet low in saturated fat & cholesterol. Flax Pita Bread is an excellent source of Omega-3!

these are super low cal...about 50 and low carb about 4 per slice

they toast up great
    you can make grilled cheese sandwiches or any grilled sandwiches

got to try them
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Orowheat Health Full 10 grain Bread.
    1 slice
    80 Cals
    1g Fat
    5g fiber
    5g Protein
    150mg Sodium

I get it at Wal-mart and my local Supermarket.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Natures own- 40 calories a slice and I like it more than the Sara Lee.

^^this...the honey wheat is great!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Beefsteak Light Rye bread - 40 calories a slice, and very satisfying! I'm so sad my local supermarket no longer carries it, I need to hunt around and find it somewhere else.
  • verdin917
    verdin917 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    nature's own butter bread 60 per slice. my whole family loves it I will never buy white bread again. so yummy.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I always use whole wheat pita bread. You can get the kind that you can cut in half and it turns into a pocket or the kind that you can use as a wrap or cut in half and use it like sandwich bread. Honestly I only use whole wheat pita bread.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I always use whole wheat pita bread. You can get the kind that you can cut in half and it turns into a pocket or the kind that you can use as a wrap or cut in half and use it like sandwich bread. Honestly I only use whole wheat pita bread.

It's 120 calories per round.
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly changing up the foods I eat, but one thing I won't change anytime soon is my bread.

Schwebel's Smart Lite Wheat
    Per slice:
    35 calories
    8g carbs
    3g fiber
    2.5g protein

And it tastes just fine to me.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    SARA LEE® DELIGHTFUL 45 calories per slice.
    and only 15g of carbs for two slices which makes it diabetic / insulin resistant friendly!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I usually use bagelthins or thomas english muffins, but i am diffinately going to try a few of these thanks
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I get Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread - it's 50 cal/slice OR Pepperidge Farm Light Style Double Fiber Bread - it's 45 cal/slice. They both have good flavor, however I noticed (and it's unfortunate) the Pepperidge is a little better tasting, but it has High-fructose corn syrup...where as the Nature's Own doesn't.
    Hope that helps a little! Good luck!

I second the double fiber, but be careful - they have two versions (one which is 50 calories and one which is 100 or so calories per slice) and the packaging is deceptively similar. We eat the regular Nature's Own 40 calorie slices too. It can be a bit like cardboard, although I find its better if you keep it out of the fridge and eat it quickly, and if you toast it.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Aunt Millies light potato bread 35 cal a slice this is the only bread my family will eat .Love it!
  • Keeliek8
    Keeliek8 Posts: 4
    Options
    Sara lee 45 calorie bread
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    The Oroweat sandwich thins are 100 calories for the top and bottom slice combined. I like the whole wheat ones. They're packaged like hamburger buns, 6 or 8 pairs per package.